No announcement yet.

A red letter day for my pickup....Maybe not. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once bought an estate vehicle and the RMV wanted 7 pieces of confirmation on ownership...3-4 of them had to be notarized...

Comment

The federal govt uses that definition of suspense to mean a matter that hasn't yet been resolved and is awaiting additional documentation. A lawyer's term.

I once bought a 69 Chevelle from the a lady who had owned the car jointly with her deceased husband. Even though she had signed the title and given me a bill of sale, I still needed to get a copy of the husband's death certificate to prove that she was now the sole owner of the car. Makes sense when you think about it.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

I had to do none of this when I bought Lenard Shepard's car from his son. I'm not sure what the difference is.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I got an email copy of the death certificate from Mississippi yesterday and sent it off last night. This morning I got notification that my title is on its way! Quite a relief, but the real joy will be when the new title is in my hands.
          To be fair, I will have to say that the people in the suspense office I talked to on the phone and emailed were very polite.
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

The title came today. The truck is now officially mine. Whoo Hoo!
            Between waiting on documents, trips to the local motor vehicle office and communication with the Liitle Rock office it took about 2 months.
            Last edited by 52-fan; 07-22-2019, 03:17 PM.
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
            X