Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

queston on 66 daytona sport coupe i have ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• queston on 66 daytona sport coupe i have ?

it has i have been told a 700r 283 v8 4bb, it shifts to fast, when i punch it taking off go about 20 then shift than shift again no speed about 40 i can pull it down secound wind it out some & go up i am used to likage not cable shift , some one told me take to trans. shop this can be adj. out to stay in longer in low ? true or not ? if the person had left the org trans. from factory i think it would have worked like i would like it, i dont drive on the inter states much so the 700r not good like 350 or 400 tubo i know thay shift fast , any idea 's on this .

Unable to answer your question, but be aware you have a Daytona Sports Sedan, not a coupe.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Adjustment of the TV cable on 700r4 transmissions is critical to having a happy transmission that lasts a long time. Many videos on how to do this...here is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D109Fz1SK18

cheers, junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
        Adjustment of the TV cable on 700r4 transmissions is critical to having a happy transmission that lasts a long time. Many videos on how to do this...here is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D109Fz1SK18

cheers, junior
        Thats a good video
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I agree with the OP, for his type of driving, a TH350 or 400 probably would work better. However, the 700R is very versatile. If you don't like how it upshifts, you can just manually shift it. Around town, you can just leave it in 3rd, so OD and TC lockup will not occur. Your car likely has a 3.31 rear end. If so, it is always gonna be a bit of a dog with the 700R, if you just leave it in the OD selected mode. But as mentioned, you can manually control the shifts, and it will not hurt the transmission. If shifted manually, the 3.31 is an OK rear end with the 700R.

To insure the TCV cable is adjusted correctly, as mentioned above lots of info on the internet. BowTieOverdrives.com provides a plethora of info and lots of parts that are hard to find, or special application.
          Last edited by JoeHall; 06-15-2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

thanks all for help , i like a firm shift from 1 to 2 & 3 i am used to tork flight trans shift fast wind out 1 to 2 , corse i have to get the fuel pump that is suppling more fuel first it is i think week , then if that dont work i have to check out the carb to see if it is right then the trans i wont do the cable my self i will take to trans shop i trust for 50 yrs so i know thay will set it up the way the video shows firm shift , like to wind out 1 to 30 mph then 2 to 45 or so then to 3 up to 70 just boom boom boom , not just no power , even shifting it manily no hard wind up wont perform , thanks for help.

Comment

Working...
            X