No announcement yet.

1963 Avanti on ebay has incorrect VIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's just TERRIBLE Chris, I can't believe that happens in America!
    Some over zealous "Control Freak" Senator or Rep. must be out of control in Kansas!

On the West Coast, all of the States issue "Collector" Plates based solely on the Year Model of the Title and Vehicle, no need to LOOK at the Car!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

That's just TERRIBLE Chris, I can't believe that happens in America! Some over zealous "Control Freak" Senator or Rep. must be out of control in Kansas!
      In this case, the control freaks are the HP officers. Savvy folks know which stations to avoid. It's really bad for guys who bring cars in from out of state.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Several years ago I bought a 62 convertible from a later known dishonest vendor. It had a New Mexico title that I had a terrible time getting a Nebraska title. Checked production order and it was from a 62 two door hardtop

Comment

Glory be, the dealer finally revealed the Avanti's serial number! It's 63R1735, so evidently the serial number plate is still on the frame. He also put a terse note about that on his ebay listing, something to the effect of: "Number on frame is R1735." We know that it is actually (or should be) 63R1735. So now a buyer will have to deal with the issue of the wrong number being on the California title. With a price of $9999 the car probably won't go anywhere anytime soon. 7-8 years ago my brother bought a rather nice '64 Avanti (R1, AT, AC, excellent interior, not running, needing paint) on ebay for $7000. Sellers now seem to ask $10k for junk.
          -Dwight

Comment

It's interesting enough that the chassis and body number are 1 digit apart
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
            X