No announcement yet.

49 Stude 2 ton on Ebay, whats wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did either one of you two buy the grain truck, can't find the listing now?

Comment

Not me. I would have loved to have it, but need to finish my 47 M15A.

Comment

I was thinking about it but didn't want to step on any toes, waiting for one or both to back off a little, but now it's gone, I have room to put it and would use it to haul hay

Comment

The listing ended, but it didn't sell. Send the seller a PM through the eBay system...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1949-Studeb...p2047675.l2557
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Well jetboat I'm German so I have cast iron toes, I would be honored to be bested by a fellow Stude truck lover, a big Stude saved is NEVER wasted. I was hovering at the last minutes and decided to hold my powder and see if it would appear again on E bay or some other 'truck site'. For the truck to work for me I would need to put a hoist under the bed (more $$). It seems you west coast located folks have the value edge on us fly over folks taking delivery charges into the outlay cost department. Does anyone want to chance a sell value on this unit (NOT counting the transport charge)? Sherm / Green Bay 63R1089

Comment

I too am a little German (zigler),l will be watching also,I am just curious on how much it weighs my trailer is only 7k so not sure about that?

Comment

Well that was one of the easy questions I ask him......ID plate data on the drivers side seat riser.....we would have been able to 'size out' a good guess on weight. Of course there would have been some 'fudge' for the bed and don't forget those wood side add a good extra amount of dead weight, but I bet we could get in the ball park! At this point it is a good thing it does NOT have a hyd. hoist system...no extra weight needed! Sherm (still fussing) Green Bay / 63R1089

Comment

I do not believe the Unladen Weight is on the Serial Number Plate, only the GVW because equipment, Liquids, Bed etc. vary so much. It "should" be in the 6500 Lb. area with a Gross of 15-16,000 Lb.

Interesting how a "2 Ton" can have a GVW of 8 TONS, and my "1 Ton" can can have a GVW of 5 Tons!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    I do not believe the Unladen Weight is on the Serial Number Plate, only the GVW because equipment, Liquids, Bed etc. vary so much. It "should" be in the 6500 Lb. area with a Gross of 15-16,000 Lb.

Interesting how a "2 Ton" can have a GVW of 8 TONS, and my "1 Ton" can can have a GVW of 5 Tons!
                    I seem to recall my 4E40 (V8) with a 171" WB and hoist weighs around 6800 lbs wet. A 2-ton jack has no problem lifting either end.

The tonnage weight classifications were established in the 1930s when those really were pretty close to the amount such trucks could carry. They got codified in DMV fee schedules and our language -- but are really obsolete today and no longer used by most DMVs.
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Well, I sent a pm to the sell no answer yet.

Comment

This is going to be interesting, early on I submitted 4 questions (very easy one's that would provide the finial data to solidify the purchase offer)....he never responded. BUT he did answer a west coast location persons questions??? I guess he just does not like mid west folks. (?) I hope this works and keep me informed, its a great truck and it should get an equally good home!! Sherm / Green Bay 63R1089 P.S. "jetboat" I sure wish I had a jet boat for use on the Green Bay water (I have a 22' 'toon' with a 50 hp E-rude.....not quite enough to get across the bay when the wind spins around!!!

Comment

I am the one he responded to. I decided against buying it because I would have to pay to store it.
                          He told me that all it needed was a brake job and a new clutch. It only has 30K miles on it and it was always stored indoors. It was always well maintained and was a dependable work truck. It does not have a crane.
                          Ed Sallia
                          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Hi Ed, you may remember me,I bought sorrells white 57 hawk 2 years ago out of Portland I think it would be nice to have a big truck to maybe haul hay on every year, just a want not a need so I am on the fence about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jetboat View Post
                              Hi Ed, you may remember me,I bought sorrells white 57 hawk 2 years ago out of Portland I think it would be nice to have a big truck to maybe haul hay on every year, just a want not a need so I am on the fence about it.
                              Dino, I do remember that. Nice Hawk!
                              If I had a place to park/store this truck I would have snatched it up. That being said, I do not have a farm and have nothing to haul in it. It would have just been a great truck to take to local shows. With only 30K miles I would guess this truck still has a lot of useful life and would be best purchased by someone who can use it for what it was built for. I would love to see it go to someone like yourself. Keep us posted on the status of your fence sitting.
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Ok he said is sold,I think you guys were rite, driving the price up .sold for 2000. Dollars

Comment

Working...
                                X