49 Stude 2 ton on Ebay, whats wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave,
    That is strange. The only negative he's rcd, and the only item he has sold less than a year ago. Almost like he doesn't know how the eBay system works, but after 92 transactions that doesn't seem right either. Seems like he should end the auction now and figure out a way to accept the $1600 from the buyer when it ran last time.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Oh boy oh boy, thanks Studude for the back fill on what's happening on the 1 st go round!! My wife has sold on E bay for years and has a 100% rating (which she guards). I wonder if the gent is having medicine or medical issues that are causing troubles for him? If I had extra coin we would fly out see him the truck and make a Dundee fruit cake stop (with fellow Studebaker fan (s) visits as a side trip). Do you suppose he wants MUCH more money and is just playing the bait & wait game?? Sherm / Green Bay, where a deal IS still a deal.....hand shakes work......I have been lied to by more people in suits than by folks in boots.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
        Dave,
        That is strange. The only negative he's rcd, and the only item he has sold less than a year ago. Almost like he doesn't know how the eBay system works, but after 92 transactions that doesn't seem right either. Seems like he should end the auction now and figure out a way to accept the $1600 from the buyer when it ran last time.
        Maybe, since the first BIN was $1,600, and the current BIN is $1,800, he is trying to establish an auction starting price, rather than a BIN listing?
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

9 JUNE update.

So I thought, contemplated, fussed-fumed and waited.......the 2 tonner did not sell and has been relisted. And it all begins all over again for the third time! The more I study this truck the more I want it (what a surprise). 83 folks had it on their watch list so I am struggling having it on my bucket list! Yes I know they are ; big, heavy, SLOW, fuel hog, parts are getting difficult to locate, storage space hog, BUT THEY ARE SO COOL!! I could be the only one in the county to have one (or want one). And speaking of 'have one' maybe I will be the last to WANT one. I suspect at my 70 + years (hey the old boy matches my age) the future sales market IS declining so the wife may have the last laugh at my estate sale and use it as my coffin (that's one way to kill (!) two birds with stone...... Well I am watching and thinking again. As Paul Harvey would say "the rest of the story" should follow in appx. six days. Sherm / Green Bay 63R1089 Ummm that Avanti may look great on deck as a car hauler, nope the load would be to tall, wrong center of gravity, to much load and not enough brakes, etc..

Comment

I have half-fast read some of the previous posts in this thread but not closely. I saw that the ad was back on (relisted), but I don't know why you would need to wait six days??? Just hit the buy it now and be done with it. If he don't respond to the buy it now, how 'bout seeing if eBay customer service reps can help you two get together and complete the deal???
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Go for it! How often can one fulfill a dream Stude for only $1800; that's just fun money.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

John.......one word........WIFE.......!

Sherm

Comment

Jack, I am going to use that line of yours in total and see if I can leverage the wife's thoughts on adding another Studebaker to my 62 Austin Healey, 87 Jeep, 88 Fiero and 81 John Deere 650 diesel tractor. Things are getting complicated, I may need to sell something (ugh!). Sherm / GB 63R1089 + others

Comment

Sorry Sherm...I still have my first one too!...also known as my personal manager...finance manager...the adult in the house...my favorite wife!

But...sometimes it's like bringing home a puppy...once it's home...and she looks in its eyes...how can she refuse???...'cept for a woman...looking in the headlights of your new prize isn't exactly the same as the eyes of a puppy.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Well put like a true 'Southern Gentleman' and mirror's my (our) 50 year hitch. I have tried the old crutch " Hey honey, look what followed me home" too many times. I am not giving in.....just regrouping. Sherm/ GB

Comment

I'd much rather face Judy (wife of 54 years) than the logistics of getting that thing across the country. I guess you could take your wife on a vacation and drive it home. Bob

Comment

As a matter of fact so far it has cost me a trip to Iceland and a French, Germany and Switzerland river cruise (all very nice and I am glad we went).......the understanding was I could / would get a BIG Studebaker.......something went wrong in the delivery department! And yes the darned transport cost is my BIG hold up. It will be 1500-2000 $ to make it FOB Green Bay, yes I agree with today's costs I would not want to truck it cross country for that amount either. Oh well this IS going to be interesting!! Sherm / GB

Comment

My wife of 56 years, this month, was usually the one pushing me to buy a car that I was slightly undecided on. Perhaps that is why we have owned more than 100 over the years, including more than 50 Studebakers, but never more than ten at one time.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You're a lucky man Gary. First, to have your wife for 56 years, and second, for the fact that she enjoyed cars, and your hobby. My wife and I have been married for 38 years now, but she doesn't always agree with my car buying adventures. She likes modern cars, but old cars, not so much. We always work things out though.

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
                                You're a lucky man Gary. First, to have your wife for 56 years, and second, for the fact that she enjoyed cars, and your hobby. My wife and I have been married for 38 years now, but she doesn't always agree with my car buying adventures. She likes modern cars, but old cars, not so much. We always work things out though.
                                Thanks. We both had Studebakers as our only cars when we met.
                                Gary L.
                                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                                X