offered a Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offered a Studebaker

At a swap meet yesterday, a fellow heard a buddy of mine say that I was a "Studebaker man" so he ask if I would be interested in another one. Dumb question, right? He goes on to say that his family has one that HAS to be moved within the next two weeks, but he doesn't know much about it, except he thinks it's a 60 something, maybe a fourdoor, possibly a V8 automatic, blue, and he's pretty sure they have a clear title. And it is a need-to-sell situation so the price will be fair. I gave him my number so he could have somone send me some pics of the car. Here's what I got...
    I'm interested, but I'd like to see a few more pics before I drive an hour to look at it. Someone is supposed to call me.
    I'm not a big fan of the quad headlight Larks but if it is a good car and the price is right I probably will add it to my fleet.
    Attached Files
    thom

SO, what did it cost, and are you on your way to pick it up and where you gonna put it ?

Comment

Still waiting on the call to find out the price and exact location, all I know now is it's somewhere in VA.
      thom

Comment

It is a 1962 Lark probably a Deluxe, Regals have a Drip Rail Moulding, it COULD be a Six or Eight.

And Yes, Riviera Blue.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

So long at it is rescued from the jaws of the Crusher, that's all that really matters. Thank you for preserving another Studebaker regardless of the type. They are too thin on the ground in any case.
          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Hard to see in those pics, but there isn't much visible rust, especially in the danger zones (back edge and "eyebrow" of front fenders). That's encouraging. Still, it looks like it could be had for a few hundred dollars, in that condition. If the rest of the car is that sound, it would be a great restoration candidate.
            ~Matt Connor
            '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

I'm still waiting for the call to find out the price and exact location but if I enlarge the pics I can see some cancer above the RH headlight so it makes me wonder about the lower parts of the body. The price will be the deciding factor whether I make the hour drive to go look at it or not.
              I do know that it is on property that does not belong to the owner of the car and the property owner wants the car gone and the car owner has mentioned that he is aware of what the local scrapper is currently paying. He says that scrap is bringing $4.25 per 100 lbs there so the car would only be worth $150 - $175 at the scrap-yard, I believe. That's figuring the car weighing 3315 lbs.
              I will be willing to pay a little more than $175 if the car is worth having. We will see.
              Last edited by thom; 06-03-2019, 05:11 AM. Reason: forgot something
              thom

Comment

I got a voice message leaving a number for me to call and get the info I need but when I call the number I get " The person you are calling has not set up a voice mailbox yet."
                Last edited by thom; 06-04-2019, 04:55 AM.
                thom

Comment

I'm beginning to doubt if this transaction is gonna happen. I'm having a helluva time getting anything out of the "seller" after THEY approached me about selling the car. NO PRICE YET. The guy who first told me about it did however call me back, after looking at it again to tell me a little more about it. It's a six cylinder, three speed, "very little rust" , "decent original interior", appears to never have been repainted, complete car, with title. Now all I need to know is a dang asking price before I drive 100 miles, or not! Lord give me patience.
                  thom

Comment

if the number he gave you is a cell number, then send a text.
                    Keep all of us posted.
                    Mark

Comment

I got the call this evening. The seller is reluctant to tell me a number but he says scrap value is $160-170 so make me a reasonable offer and it's yours. I am going, with the trailer, Monday to check it out.
                      thom

Comment

A '62 Lark is one sweet old ride. Most parts are still very easy to obtain and relatively cheap. I've held onto and enjoyed my similar blue 6cyl 3speed '62 Lark 2dr for 31 years, and counting.

Comment

I'd offer $300 to $400 and see what happens.

Comment

I wouldn't go over two hundred.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

it depends. if the motor aint stuck, car complete and not too rusty.....

Comment

Working...
                              X