No announcement yet.

offered a Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALMOST a barn find...without the barn! I'm waiting with bated breath...
    Mike Davis
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

I'll be glad to get the deal done and get all the drama over with. Now something has come up and I can't go until Tuesday and the owner of the property might call the scrapper to come on and get the car. He is getting impatient, wanting the car gone NOW. The car owner is not so impatient, just the property owner.
      thom

Comment

Get in touch with the property owner and offer him $50 to hold the car until you can pick it up.

Comment

That car certainly looks too good to be scrapped. Find a way to get it moved before the scrap man gets it.
          Got a friend with a trailer?

Comment

I have bought a couple just like it in past for $100 over scrap. Both had V8’s that I bought and not stuck. If I didn’t count my time I came out ok parting them out. But heck, we don’t do this for the money right?
            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

I won't buy it if it's not worth fixing. I don't have time to part it out.
              thom

Comment

Maybe you can put it on ebay and get it moved on to someone who can do something with it if you don't, but please don't let it get crushed.

Comment

I've been given a few more days due to the heavy rains in the area. The land owner has agreed to give us another week since it would be difficult to move the car for the next couple of days. I plan to go Thursday morning to get it. I hate all the drama involved in this.
                  thom

Comment

Drama is more tolerable when you're getting a "new" Studebaker.
                    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Yeah, maybe by this time Friday it will all be worth it.
                      thom

Comment

I can't believe it, another delay. It was all set, we were to meet the seller this morning (6-13-2109 @ 9 AM). He called me at 6:30 AM telling me that it began raining HARD where the car is located at 4:00 AM and was still raining hard at 6:30 so we need to wait till the first of next week to come get the car. This is getting suspicious somehow! Can it be some kind of scam, some kind of set-up or just my bad luck. God trying to tell me I'm not supposed to own this Lark?
                        thom

Comment

Originally posted by thom View Post
                          I can't believe it, another delay. It was all set, we were to meet the seller this morning (6-13-2109 @ 9 AM). He called me at 6:30 AM telling me that it began raining HARD where the car is located at 4:00 AM and was still raining hard at 6:30 so we need to wait till the first of next week to come get the car. This is getting suspicious somehow! Can it be some kind of scam, some kind of set-up or just my bad luck. God trying to tell me I'm not supposed to own this Lark?
                          You can go to weather.com and pull up the weather conditions for his location to see if it truly raining. Im not sure if you can go back in time to see what it was like at 4am this morning though

Comment

actually myself, I'm done with weather.com. I generally use the APP for my local TV stations, and even that ain't all that accurate.

Comment

why not do an search on Google Earth?? You can address his address and then zoom in and out to see if indeed the site is real
                              Mark

Comment

It sits pretty high in the front, so I am gonna guess it's a 6-cylinder. If so, it's a good parts source for anyona V8, i.e. sheet metal and suspension parts, but not the transmission or rear end.

Comment

Working...
                                X