Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a Very Nice '63 Cruiser. Need opinions. Not online, local.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creegster
    replied
    That is a nice looking car! I dont know if Id be able to pass that up if I had the money for it. Tough decision!

Will you kick yourself in a month if you dont buy it now?

Leave a comment:

• kamzack
    replied
    You cannot restore a 63 Cruiser for 6K. If it is what the pics show it to be it's probably worth the money. You cannot restore your Scotsman for 6K. Even a 6 cylinder rebuild will be close to 3K. Paint and body work will be over 3K. 63 Cruiser will always be a much nicer car to drive with plenty power and comfort. You can buy a done car cheaper than restoring one. Just my opinion and experience.
    Kim

Leave a comment:

• Pepse
    replied
    I have more pics if needed.

Later. Pepse.

Leave a comment:

• Pepse
    replied
    To answer the money aspect he was asking for $7500, but said he could let it go for $6000. For us that is double what we can afford for another car; although it is a Classic. I hope I can get pics to work:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Bullet View Post
    Post the pictures as this will help on checking it out. I have had Studebaker that I drove while in Rogers’s but it is always better, if you can afford it to buy them mostly complete because there is always something you will want to do. Or need to do to make it yours.

I drove a 63 Cruiser for 8+ years on a daily basis and loved it and the looks. We loved the vanity and front end look. Yes more rounded than the 64-66 but classic!

Mark
    I also had a 1963 Cruiser that I used as a regular driver. I liked the car except for the color.

It is normally best to buy the best condition car that you can. When you say $3000 above what you can afford, it makes me wonder if the Cruiser is overpriced. They are nice cars, but the four door sedans generally bring much less than a two door hardtop and even less than a convertible.

Leave a comment:

• Bullet
    replied
    Post the pictures as this will help on checking it out. I have had Studebaker that I drove while in Rogers’s but it is always better, if you can afford it to buy them mostly complete because there is always something you will want to do. Or need to do to make it yours.

I drove a 63 Cruiser for 8+ years on a daily basis and loved it and the looks. We loved the vanity and front end look. Yes more rounded than the 64-66 but classic!

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Found a Very Nice '63 Cruiser. Need opinions. Not online, local.

I tell ya people I haven't been a Studebaker person for all that long. I mean I got a '57 Scotsman from my late father-in-law 2 1/2 years ago. Needs a restoration. For those that know of me it is not that far from road ready. But today I am reading the local paper and they have "city wide garage sales" and there is a garage sale that also lists a Studebaker and a Plymouth. Well the wife says go check it out. I did, I like it. It is show worthy as the owner has trophy's. Oh, it is a '63 Stude Cruiser 4 door sedan, 289 CID, Flight-o-matic. It is Sea Spray Green. Not a catchy color but then this is actually built for a woman. It has a Vanity compartment Not a glove compartment and a raised part on the passenger side floor that (as the owner said) has something to do with when women wear heels it is a reminder that they have heels on. ?? It is a turn key car. Great I'd be on the road a lot sooner verses roughly mid summer for the '57 Scotsman sans a paint job. So, I guess by posting here I am looking for help. I mean it is a about 3 grand above what we can spare, period. Which leaves virtually nothing for the '57 for quite some time. So, being crazy I decided to post for opinions. I have pics.

Later. Pepse.
Working...
X