Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a Very Nice '63 Cruiser. Need opinions. Not online, local.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the "Hump" may be on the driver's side of the Trans. Tunnel near the Go Pedal, certainly NOT for High Heals!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I justify my Studebaker's by calling them backups...... Yeah right. I'd never drive them to work....they're weekend backups.....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
        I justify my Studebaker's by calling them backups...... Yeah right. I'd never drive them to work....they're weekend backups.....LOL
        My 50 Land Cruiser is my most dependable car. New brakes and it starts the second I hit the starter button. All original and stock, so it will never be a daily driver, now that I've been spoiled with air conditioning.

Comment

Okay folks. Sorry I am very tardy on replying. The problem I have right now is the phone number he gave me is "no longer in service", and I have Not been able to get ahold of him at his house. I am willing to get this car if I can get it for less. I will go with someones opinion of $5000. Yes being that this is essentially a "turn key" I would be able to take my time with my '57. To be able to get this would be excellent as I can have a Stude on the road now.

Hopefully I can catch him at home this week and that he still ahs it.

Later. Pepse.
          Remember. ALWAYS fasten your seat belts as it makes it harder for the Aliens to suck you out of your car.

Comment

Hope you're able to make a deal. Summer driving season is upon us!

Comment

Good luck! Most owners way over value Studebakers. Conversely, most of the limited buying population won't overpay. Over the last 40+ years I've seen hardheaded sellers die off while the cars they refused to sell at a fair price rusted away back into the earth. The heirs end up having them scrapped, parted out and crushed. This guy should grab your $5k cash and be happy. And, you'll enjoy the car.

Originally posted by Pepse View Post
              Okay folks. Sorry I am very tardy on replying. The problem I have right now is the phone number he gave me is "no longer in service", and I have Not been able to get ahold of him at his house. I am willing to get this car if I can get it for less. I will go with someones opinion of $5000. Yes being that this is essentially a "turn key" I would be able to take my time with my '57. To be able to get this would be excellent as I can have a Stude on the road now.

Hopefully I can catch him at home this week and that he still ahs it.

Later. Pepse.
              edp/NC
              \'63 Avanti
              \'66 Commander

Comment

Okay everybody, I am going to get the '63 Lark Cruiser tomorrow, Monday. Unless he changes his mind. I will go over it a little better than I have. I looked at it earlier today. The frame looks very clean. I will ask for the person that painted the car as this deal includes a brand new left rear 1/4 panel because of a slight crease near a crease in the 1/4 panel on the car. And I noticed an imperfection in the paint just below the left "C" pillar. Paint is bubbling but it appears to me to be caused from water Not rust. Up 'til now I have been mainly talking. Tomorrow I will drive before I buy. What is odd is that he has an electric fuel pump near the gas tank, but the standard mechanical pump is on the motor. When I asked about the lighted toggle switch under the dash he stated that the need for the electric fuel pump is to prevent vapor lock; something he said could easily happen later this week as it is suppose to finally get into the upper 80's. And to me considering that we have a V8 stuffed in a rather small space I can see having issues with vapor lock.

And as I stated earlier in the post the oil bath air filter is included. As are the 3 Good Books and some random 1963 newspaper clippings, and a Studebaker wall clock and a pair of 1963 Wisc. tin plates that are to be renewed yearly in June; which was the final assy. date. for this car; 06/06/1963.

Oh, I am getting it for $5000.

Later. Pepse.
                Remember. ALWAYS fasten your seat belts as it makes it harder for the Aliens to suck you out of your car.

Comment

Make sure you have lots of photographic documentation of the new member of the family! Make sure you drive it regularly, a problem is not the end of the world - enjoy and congratulations.

Comment

"Make sure you drive it regularly". Yep, I hope to drive it silly; and me too. And I have a few pics now but once home I will get more. I know I am gonna love this car.

Almost forgot. The current owner stated that the power steering pump leaks so it is disconnected.

Later. Pepse.
                    Last edited by Pepse; 06-23-2019, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Congratulations on the 63 Cruiser, hopefully the electric fuel pump has a safety cut off of some kind as I imagine there could be an issue if the mechanical fuel pump failed and the electric was still pumping.

The power steering pump should be able to be rebuilt.

Happy Studebakering in your new Cruiser.
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I got Cold Feet, not sure what I am going to do. Sorry.

Pepse.

Comment

I did notice one oddity.. The pink wire is from the ignition key and is a resistor wire. Why is it hooked to a MOPAR resistor?

Normally that pink wire is crimped together with the wire from the starter solenoid and connected directly to the coil.

You may want to have him sort that out before you buy.

Comment

To start you off on the right foot, it is a 1963 Cruiser. It is not a "Lark Cruiser".
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Pepse View Post
                              I got Cold Feet, not sure what I am going to do. Sorry.

Pepse.
                              So no Cruiser?

Comment

You have to feel comfortable before making a purchase, so if this isn't right for you don't buy it, only you can decide as only you have seen it.

Best wishes whatever you decide.
                                John Clements
                                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                                X