Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a Very Nice '63 Cruiser. Need opinions. Not online, local.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepse
    replied
    Okay everybody, I am going to get the '63 Lark Cruiser tomorrow, Monday. Unless he changes his mind. I will go over it a little better than I have. I looked at it earlier today. The frame looks very clean. I will ask for the person that painted the car as this deal includes a brand new left rear 1/4 panel because of a slight crease near a crease in the 1/4 panel on the car. And I noticed an imperfection in the paint just below the left "C" pillar. Paint is bubbling but it appears to me to be caused from water Not rust. Up 'til now I have been mainly talking. Tomorrow I will drive before I buy. What is odd is that he has an electric fuel pump near the gas tank, but the standard mechanical pump is on the motor. When I asked about the lighted toggle switch under the dash he stated that the need for the electric fuel pump is to prevent vapor lock; something he said could easily happen later this week as it is suppose to finally get into the upper 80's. And to me considering that we have a V8 stuffed in a rather small space I can see having issues with vapor lock.

And as I stated earlier in the post the oil bath air filter is included. As are the 3 Good Books and some random 1963 newspaper clippings, and a Studebaker wall clock and a pair of 1963 Wisc. tin plates that are to be renewed yearly in June; which was the final assy. date. for this car; 06/06/1963.

Oh, I am getting it for $5000.

Later. Pepse.

Leave a comment:

• edpjr
    replied
    Good luck! Most owners way over value Studebakers. Conversely, most of the limited buying population won't overpay. Over the last 40+ years I've seen hardheaded sellers die off while the cars they refused to sell at a fair price rusted away back into the earth. The heirs end up having them scrapped, parted out and crushed. This guy should grab your $5k cash and be happy. And, you'll enjoy the car.

Originally posted by Pepse View Post
    Okay folks. Sorry I am very tardy on replying. The problem I have right now is the phone number he gave me is "no longer in service", and I have Not been able to get ahold of him at his house. I am willing to get this car if I can get it for less. I will go with someones opinion of $5000. Yes being that this is essentially a "turn key" I would be able to take my time with my '57. To be able to get this would be excellent as I can have a Stude on the road now.

Hopefully I can catch him at home this week and that he still ahs it.

Later. Pepse.

Leave a comment:

• tsenecal
    replied
    Hope you're able to make a deal. Summer driving season is upon us!

Leave a comment:

• Pepse
    replied
    Okay folks. Sorry I am very tardy on replying. The problem I have right now is the phone number he gave me is "no longer in service", and I have Not been able to get ahold of him at his house. I am willing to get this car if I can get it for less. I will go with someones opinion of $5000. Yes being that this is essentially a "turn key" I would be able to take my time with my '57. To be able to get this would be excellent as I can have a Stude on the road now.

Hopefully I can catch him at home this week and that he still ahs it.

Later. Pepse.

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
    I justify my Studebaker's by calling them backups...... Yeah right. I'd never drive them to work....they're weekend backups.....LOL
    My 50 Land Cruiser is my most dependable car. New brakes and it starts the second I hit the starter button. All original and stock, so it will never be a daily driver, now that I've been spoiled with air conditioning.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    I justify my Studebaker's by calling them backups...... Yeah right. I'd never drive them to work....they're weekend backups.....LOL

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    I believe the "Hump" may be on the driver's side of the Trans. Tunnel near the Go Pedal, certainly NOT for High Heals!

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    I'm very suspicious about the passenger floor. He was feeding you a line of B.S. I have four '63 Larks and two of them are Daytona. No humps on any of the passenger floors, flat as they come! I would get under that passenger side and have a look. If no issues, buy it. At six grand, this car is a real buy. Barring rust, quit shilly shalling and buy the thing. You won't find a better deal.

Leave a comment:

• commander cody
    replied
    That's a great colour on the 63 Cruiser. If it were here in Canada at that price it would be mine. I would sell my original paint red 66 Commander in a heartbeat to own that car!
    Or pay serious money difference on a trade. Why? because it's running driving turn key that's sorted out by the looks of it. A proper test drive will tell the tale.
    $6,000 is relatively cheap to have a nice looking car like that.

Leave a comment:

• edpjr
    replied
    From a guy who spent $15k on an Avanti and then an additional $25k to restore it, I say be careful. Make sure it's not rusty anywhere. Rust is the bane of existence for any Studes except the plastic ones - and even then ya gotta worry about the frame and hog troughs. Then, if it's solid, offer $5k. From the pics, it appears to be a very nice, desirable V-8 Studebaker. But like my '66, it has 2 doors too many.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Nice to see that another Seaspray Green Cruiser has survived. At first, I thought it may have been this one I mentioned in Post 11 here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=seaspray but it has a Chestnut interior, not green.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    The pictures make this car look like a steal, but you need to ask questions about the history of the car. The history should tell you how, why, when, where the car has survived and by whom it was restored. If you are satisfied by the answers, and if you buy the car, you will be patting yourself on the back for a car well bought. If you don't buy it you will be kicking yourself for not buying it. In five years you may not remember how much you paid for the car, but you won't even care. This car is among the best driving cars the Studebaker built. IMO if you had driven the car it would be in your garage right now. If you choose the Scotsman instead of buying this one you will be making a mistake. I think you know what you need to do. As an old friend and long time car collector once told me "If you have an itch you have to scratch it."

On a personal note I have never suffered from buyer's remorse. Conversely I have beaten myself up plenty for not scratching the itch, when I knew the car was right for me.

Leave a comment:

• TWChamp
    replied
    That's a beautiful car and sure looks like it's worth the money to me.
    I also like the color, and that's a car ready to drive, show, and enjoy.
    I wouldn't hesitate, or it will soon be gone.
    You can find a way to make the money happen. Remember, money is only good for what you can buy with it. You can always make more money, but such a beautiful car doesn't come along very often for that price.

Leave a comment:

• jpepper
    replied
    Go for it. 63's are great driving cars.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    The For Sale board is for listing items for sale and wants only. To ask questions, please use the General board. Topic moved.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X