Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a Very Nice '63 Cruiser. Need opinions. Not online, local.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jclary,

Working on it would be probably a little easier than the '57. Small car verses big car. True under hood is a bit more cramped but that's what happens when you add a V8 to a smaller car.

As for maintenance verses new cars? Hell I grew up with this stuff. If you had a car approaching 100,00 miles? Very special back then. Owning the '57 is fun in that I am doing things I grew up doing. Although the Stude is a little different than a Ford but it is still a pleasure to work on it. Dirty, greasy, knuckle bustin', Fun. You don't get that with a newer vehicle. Plug it in and "It's broke" or "Not sure what is bad".

Oh, the odometer showed 68K.

Later. Pepse.
    Remember. ALWAYS fasten your seat belts as it makes it harder for the Aliens to suck you out of your car.

Comment

If you like this car, find a way to buy it. You can enjoy driving it while you slowly bring back the '57.
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

The 1957 Scotsman and the 1963 Cruiser are the same width, height and have the same interior volume. However the 1957 is a little longer as it has more front overhang (and maybe a little more rear overhang).
        So, have you made an offer yet?
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Agree with Milaca. Put them side by side and you'll see very close cabin appearance. Make it happen, you'll thank yourself down the road.
          Kim

Comment

Nice car for someone who wants a '63 Cruiser --

While it is not possible to know for sure without an in-person inspection and test drive. this appears to be an excellent example of a 1963 Cruiser and well worth $6,000.

As noted above, it would not be possible to restore one for that price -- my preferred approach is to buy the best example you can find of what you want and plan on doing the finishing touches after someone else has done the heavy lifting -- although even "finishing touches" can get costly -- depending upon what they are --

This car appears to have enjoyed a good home and it deserves another good home --
            Last edited by bjackameit; 06-03-2019, 08:36 AM.
            Bill Jackameit
            1964 Challenger Wagonaire
            1964 Daytona Sedan
            Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
            Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
            https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

That's a rather unusual colour in this day...and probably why it looks so damn good!

If the tin worm hasn't eaten the car out, it runs and drives as it should, it's probably worth your man's claimed bottom dollar.

One thing about springing for this. Yes, it does sap resources in the short term regarding your other car but then again, you have less of a rush to get the other running. You can make sure you got a task done right and not just done.

If I were in a position to even consider another car, I be hunting for that one, it is pretty!

Comment

Looks clean, detailed and well cared for by a Studebaker enthusiast. I like the color too. Hope it's as nice as it looks in the pics. If so, I'd snatch it. I'd replace the tires with correct width ww's - that's about it for cosmetics.
                Last edited by allen04084; 06-03-2019, 05:04 AM.
                1966 Daytona Sport Sedan - Richelieu Blue

Comment

The For Sale board is for listing items for sale and wants only. To ask questions, please use the General board. Topic moved.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Go for it. 63's are great driving cars.
                    james r pepper

Comment

That's a beautiful car and sure looks like it's worth the money to me.
                      I also like the color, and that's a car ready to drive, show, and enjoy.
                      I wouldn't hesitate, or it will soon be gone.
                      You can find a way to make the money happen. Remember, money is only good for what you can buy with it. You can always make more money, but such a beautiful car doesn't come along very often for that price.

Comment

The pictures make this car look like a steal, but you need to ask questions about the history of the car. The history should tell you how, why, when, where the car has survived and by whom it was restored. If you are satisfied by the answers, and if you buy the car, you will be patting yourself on the back for a car well bought. If you don't buy it you will be kicking yourself for not buying it. In five years you may not remember how much you paid for the car, but you won't even care. This car is among the best driving cars the Studebaker built. IMO if you had driven the car it would be in your garage right now. If you choose the Scotsman instead of buying this one you will be making a mistake. I think you know what you need to do. As an old friend and long time car collector once told me "If you have an itch you have to scratch it."

On a personal note I have never suffered from buyer's remorse. Conversely I have beaten myself up plenty for not scratching the itch, when I knew the car was right for me.

Comment

Nice to see that another Seaspray Green Cruiser has survived. At first, I thought it may have been this one I mentioned in Post 11 here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...light=seaspray but it has a Chestnut interior, not green.

Craig

Comment

From a guy who spent $15k on an Avanti and then an additional $25k to restore it, I say be careful. Make sure it's not rusty anywhere. Rust is the bane of existence for any Studes except the plastic ones - and even then ya gotta worry about the frame and hog troughs. Then, if it's solid, offer $5k. From the pics, it appears to be a very nice, desirable V-8 Studebaker. But like my '66, it has 2 doors too many.
                            edp/NC
                            \'63 Avanti
                            \'66 Commander

Comment

That's a great colour on the 63 Cruiser. If it were here in Canada at that price it would be mine. I would sell my original paint red 66 Commander in a heartbeat to own that car!
                              Or pay serious money difference on a trade. Why? because it's running driving turn key that's sorted out by the looks of it. A proper test drive will tell the tale.
                              $6,000 is relatively cheap to have a nice looking car like that.

Comment

I'm very suspicious about the passenger floor. He was feeding you a line of B.S. I have four '63 Larks and two of them are Daytona. No humps on any of the passenger floors, flat as they come! I would get under that passenger side and have a look. If no issues, buy it. At six grand, this car is a real buy. Barring rust, quit shilly shalling and buy the thing. You won't find a better deal.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                                Ron Smith
                                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                                X