X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Ebay Scam

Did anyone get one of these today?

Dear customer,

We recently reviewed your email, and suspect that your eBay Email may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party.Protecting the security of your email and of the eBay network is our primary concern.Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive email features.

To restore your email access, just click the button to the right.

Thank you,
    eBay

I make it a point not to reply to any e-Bay messages that do not appear in "My Message" once I am logged into my account. Also, if it is a real message from e-Bay, it will be addressed to you. Now I need to get back to responding to Robert about that money he wants to send me from Nigeria.....

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I make it a point not to reply to any e-Bay messages that do not appear in "My Message" once I am logged into my account. Also, if it is a real message from e-Bay, it will be addressed to you. Now I need to get back to responding to Robert about that money he wants to send me from Nigeria.....

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Not today, but a few like that a week, maybe 4-6 per day of all styles of dear ebay user, customers and the rest, just trash them.

JDP/Maryland
        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
        spent to date $54664,75
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,839.60
        63 Lark 2 door
        57 wagon
        39 Coupe express
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Not today, but a few like that a week, maybe 4-6 per day of all styles of dear ebay user, customers and the rest, just trash them.

JDP/Maryland
          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
          spent to date $54664,75
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,839.60
          63 Lark 2 door
          57 wagon
          39 Coupe express
          JDP Maryland

Comment

If it came to your regular email and not to your ebay account mail
            box.....then odds are someone was doing some "Phsing"....You should
            and only check, all eBay mail, while logged into eBay!

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

If it came to your regular email and not to your ebay account mail
              box.....then odds are someone was doing some "Phsing"....You should
              and only check, all eBay mail, while logged into eBay!

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Ebay mail to your web browser may be legit. If it is, it will also be listed in "My Ebay", or in this case your Ebay. Delete it from your email and log on to your Ebay. All you need to do is open some of that stuff and you're screwed.
                If you did open it and also find it is not on Your Ebay, check your Ebay accounts for netharious activity and report it immediately.

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Ebay mail to your web browser may be legit. If it is, it will also be listed in "My Ebay", or in this case your Ebay. Delete it from your email and log on to your Ebay. All you need to do is open some of that stuff and you're screwed.
                  If you did open it and also find it is not on Your Ebay, check your Ebay accounts for netharious activity and report it immediately.

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

You can saftly read the e-mail, just don't follow the link and give up your user name and password.

JDP/Maryland
                    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                    spent to date $54664,75
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,839.60
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    57 wagon
                    39 Coupe express
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

You can saftly read the e-mail, just don't follow the link and give up your user name and password.

JDP/Maryland
                      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                      spent to date $54664,75
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,839.60
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      57 wagon
                      39 Coupe express
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

Roy, if you haven't already deleted that phishing letter, forward it to spoof@eBay.com

You will get 2 emails from eBay, one is boilerplate telling you how to recognize scam emails, and the other will be boilerplate telling you that it was indeed a phishing attempt. "Phishing" means the scammer tries to direct you to a phony eBay site, and gets you to punch in your eBay account name and password. That enables them to hijack your account. If you did follow that link, and type in the account name and password, consider it hijacked. Try logging into your account, and see if you are able to change your password. If you can change it, do so, if not, it means the scammers have already changed it to one THEY control. Time for you to report it to eBay ASAP.

I get 2 or 3 of these per month; some months it's much worse. I forward them all to eBay or PayPal as the case may be; the more reports they get, the better they can act to shut the scammers down.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Roy, if you haven't already deleted that phishing letter, forward it to spoof@eBay.com

You will get 2 emails from eBay, one is boilerplate telling you how to recognize scam emails, and the other will be boilerplate telling you that it was indeed a phishing attempt. "Phishing" means the scammer tries to direct you to a phony eBay site, and gets you to punch in your eBay account name and password. That enables them to hijack your account. If you did follow that link, and type in the account name and password, consider it hijacked. Try logging into your account, and see if you are able to change your password. If you can change it, do so, if not, it means the scammers have already changed it to one THEY control. Time for you to report it to eBay ASAP.

I get 2 or 3 of these per month; some months it's much worse. I forward them all to eBay or PayPal as the case may be; the more reports they get, the better they can act to shut the scammers down.

Comment

I also get these often ,their goof is they will say my paypal account is in trouble. The cute part is even thou I use e-bay, I do not have a paypal account,so hard to believe its in trouble! I forward all mine to the spoof ebay address.Best advice is if its not in your ebay account messages, its not real and DO NOT reply to those e-mails!

Randy Wilkin
                            1946 M5 Streetrod
                            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133
                            Randy Wilkin
                            1946 M5 Streetrod
                            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

I also get these often ,their goof is they will say my paypal account is in trouble. The cute part is even thou I use e-bay, I do not have a paypal account,so hard to believe its in trouble! I forward all mine to the spoof ebay address.Best advice is if its not in your ebay account messages, its not real and DO NOT reply to those e-mails!

Randy Wilkin
                              1946 M5 Streetrod
                              Hillsboro,Ohio 45133
                              Randy Wilkin
                              1946 M5 Streetrod
                              Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
                              X