Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sals54
    replied
    My son asked the same thing when he first saw it. Also joking. I've actually already cut up the headers, leaving stubs on the flanges. Then I separated the header pipes and now I'm experimenting with different ways for the pipes to exit. A snaggle pipe methodology is what is envisioned. Perhaps a "system" will be ready by the weekend. We shall see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• S2Deluxe
    replied
    Originally posted by sals54 View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5493.JPG Views:	0 Size:	107.3 KB ID:	1806545
    It's lookin' pretty BAD @$$, Sal!

But Geeeee, Aren't you worried about dinging up those headers, as your Driving the Wheels off of it?

Mark

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    The '36 rear window would be nice touch.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    It appears I may have a line on a 36 Coupe batwing rear window. The difference being that the 36 is hinged and "flips out", while the 37 is stationary. I would love to have the opening rear window... so we shall see what comes of it.

Leave a comment:

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    We all think different, I've got such horrible taste to even think fat wheels in under looks like a car need a toilet badly & I sure fancy the old wide looks & it also gives me a feeling of more stability...
    But that's me & my ol' bad taste.
    Last edited by Noxnabaker; 10-11-2019, 12:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    The car sits perfect to my eye. The slicks are fine. Super wide tires sticking out too far looks dumb to me.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    How could we not be enjoying your "journey" along with you? This is a great journey. For what it is worth I like the slicks as they are in this picture.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Well... the slicks are on the car. Temporarily, again. Till a few more things get ironed out. But this is "THE LOOK" that's been desired. A little debate still raging on whether the slicks should be wider, or if they're OK as-is. I hope ya'll enjoy me sharing the journey. It's been quite fun.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5493.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1806055

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Cleaning up is highly overrated, keep on posting.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Looking good!
    Soldier on!

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    A minor update on the so-called "progress" on the 37. I got the front suspension set up, but am probably going to switch to 2" drop spindles, as its not as low as it needs to be.
    Also, the front glass is in and I'm working on the rear and door glass as well.
    And the side engine covers will now stay on, as the look it gives the front end really improves with them installed. They were put in place to ensure that the front grill was mounted correctly, but when I stood back to check it, it was a hallelujah moment. It was just as it needed to be.
    Next step will be the new headers. Now the car desperately needs fenderwell headers.
    Also got the slicks back from the tire shop, so they'll go on tonight. I may have to send another picture once those get mounted. It changes the entire look of the car.
    And lastly.... please, no critique of the "mad scientist" method of my garage mess. It's the only way I can move quickly from one job to the next. I tidy up once a month, whether it needs it or not. (I didn't say clean-up.... just tidy up)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5488.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1806023

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Battery is mounted in the trunk, 10 feet of 2 gage cable run to the front for starter. Ran it under the car along the frame rail. Three more ground cables to mount. Engine- frame, body-frame, engine-body. A little overkill perhaps, but not likely to suffer too many short issues.
    All ignition wiring is setup, new plugs and wires go on next. Might have it started by this Saturday. Can't wait. Open headers will sound pretty good. I'll post video if all goes well. Might post it grenading too, if that happens. We'll see.
    Last edited by sals54; 08-14-2019, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• (S)
    replied
    Those have small casting numbers inside, or on the bottom somewhere. The last number tells you - ODD # is LEFT .

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Originally posted by 50Champ View Post
    Tubs are when you cut into the body so you can fit wider tires on the rear axle. The wider the tire the more traction you get when you take off....
    I didn't see this one when it came up. Yeah... we cut into the body, but we also did a 4 link in the rear, which allowed for a narrowing of the frame also. The 37s have a perimeter frame which would not allow for a simple mini tub of the body alone as the frame is as wide as the body in the rear.
    If you look at the first pictures above, you can see how the frame was cut off, cross member added, and the 4 link added to that narrowed section. We then took the innner fenders which were cut out, added a strip of 4 inches per side then welded the inner fenders back in. It will now allow for wider tires in the rear with or without the rear fenders on the car.
    Its all part of my evil plan to run it fendered or unfendered. For now... no fenders. So far, so good.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Originally posted by (S) View Post
    Cross-eyed lights? You sure the LEFT is on the LEFT and the RIGHT is on the Right?
    Thanks for that observation. I will check to be sure they are in the correct location. Also need to check the stanchions to be sure they're on the right side. Again, I don't know why car makers do this sort of thing... to make two opposing parts which on the surface, appear to be identical, but yet are just different enough to cause trouble.
    I have a 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix. It has the four headlights up front and each one has a chrome trim around it. Looking at the car from the front, it looks like they are all the same shape, same size, same bezel. But NOOOOOOOOOO, they're not. Each one is its own part number and needs to be placed in the correct spot or they wont screw on. Wierd.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X