X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• junior
    replied
    Originally posted by sals54 View Post
    BTW, the pancaked roof wagon is still alive. It got relegated to the back burner cuz of the new kid in town.... the 37 Coupe.
    Tough spot to be in...too many cool projects and not enough time. Hopefully the '54 gets regular exercise. Any static from restorers about the '37 NOT getting restored? cheers, junior

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Originally posted by junior View Post
    Looking good Sal...but tubs...what are tubs??? we don't no stinkin tubs, this here thang is a hot rod! small back-spacing and tall pie-crusts are on the menu today. lol exterior photos? cheers, junior

ps, how is the pancaked-roof wagon coming along?
    BTW, the pancaked roof wagon is still alive. It got relegated to the back burner cuz of the new kid in town.... the 37 Coupe.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Got the 37 Coupe back from my friends place.
    Engine mounts and trans mounts are done.
    It now has Wilwood master cylinder mounted with pedal.
    Steering is set up, but still needs "tuning". In other words, the rack n pinion still needs tweaking for alignment and the upper and lower control arms will be replaced with tubular. And the spindles will be swapped out with 2" dropped.
    The mini tubs are set up and welded in. This way I can add the larger tires in the rear when, (or if) I put the fenders back on.
    The floors are are welded in.
    Now it's off to the races to get this hog running for some Summer driving.
    I started mocking up the front sheetmetal this evening.
    My friend Steve and I were pondering on how to slim and trim the running boards for when they go back on too. We're imagining a "coke bottle" shape, borrowing from the Avanti.
    I'll try to post pix tomorrow.
    Last edited by sals54; 05-31-2019, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    I'm sure that down the road you will be glad that you have the rear ride height adjustable. Looks good.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• junior
    replied
    Looking good Sal...but tubs...what are tubs??? we don't no stinkin tubs, this here thang is a hot rod! small back-spacing and tall pie-crusts are on the menu today. lol exterior photos? cheers, junior

ps, how is the pancaked-roof wagon coming along?

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    started a topic A Little Progress on the 37 Coupe

A Little Progress on the 37 Coupe

I dropped by my friends place to check on progress of the rear end.
    We're using a F*rd Explorer 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 posi and disc brakes.
    Here's the unit set up in a 4 link system.
    Now on to the "Tubs" to fit fatter tires when I go with the fenders back on the car. But that may be awhile. I really like the no fender look right now.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5085.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	1760543Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5084.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	1760544
Working...
X