X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topper2011
    replied
    Originally posted by sals54 View Post
    I've been working on some stealth items, but today my speedometer came in the mail. I've used the Lark switches, some old SW gages and a speedo from a F100. I think there's about $40 spent on the whole thing so far. I'm waiting for my oil press gauge to show up. So far... I like it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]82389[/ATTACH]
    I know... it's not for everybody... just for me.

'61 Impala speedo? Project looks great! I like sleepers too.

Leave a comment:

• tsenecal
    replied
    When I see the pictures, I am 100% jealous. I already have too many projects, but if I see a 37 pop up for sale in the project price range, I'm jumping on it. By the way, my vote is rear fenders on, but sure it looks cool either way. The gauges look great, and for a great price.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Absolutely spot on!!! The dash only compliments one of the best looking 30's sedans available. The faux patina looks pretty good but the good thing about that finish is if you don't like it, spray on more paint and sand until you like it.

Personally, I'd probably do the car very much like you are.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• drrotor
    replied
    Originally posted by sals54 View Post
    I've been working on some stealth items, but today my speedometer came in the mail. I've used the Lark switches, some old SW gages and a speedo from a F100. I think there's about $40 spent on the whole thing so far. I'm waiting for my oil press gauge to show up. So far... I like it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]82389[/ATTACH]
    I love the fact you’re using the original bezel! Just so, so sad when I look in a vintage car and see the original dash replaced with a slab of aluminum with some random round gauges in it. This is the way to do it!

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    And, I almost forgot... I had to put all the sheet metal on it to ensure that I got the nose located properly. While I had it all together, I took a picture of it. Here it is pretty much put together for fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5215.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1728725
    But as I was looking at it, and loving it, I knew that it did not look right. So I tried my hand at some faux patina.

Name:	IMG_5233.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1728726
    This is my first try at this "art", so try not to be too brutal on me. I fogged it with a little black, then a couple different "rust" colors here and there, then fogged again with white to dull it down, leaving some of the primer showing through.
    I gotta tell ya. I'm loving those fenders. Oh how one idea leads to another. I don't know fer sher where this is gonna end up.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    I've been working on some stealth items, but today my speedometer came in the mail. I've used the Lark switches, some old SW gages and a speedo from a F100. I think there's about $40 spent on the whole thing so far. I'm waiting for my oil press gauge to show up. So far... I like it.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5260.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1728723
    Last edited by sals54; 07-08-2019, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    would look nice with a set of "Artillery" Style wheels similar to originals... I wonder if you could make a "Sleeper"

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Gas pedal got installed today. I used a 90s Chevy truck pedal assembly. Easy to fit to the car, and modifies very easily. Cable throttle with bracket and Edlebrock Carb mounted.
    Pix later.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
    Sal,
    And a BBC should certainly motive that amount of weight. Any hot rodding plans for the motor?
    Bill
    No mods for now. I'm going to get it on the road first. Then when I've got most of the bugs out of it, it should not be too tough to do a simple cam swap.
    The other option might be to mount my 2 VS57's on it with a dual quad manifold. That might get some old timey attention.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    Sal, I love the '37 project. Keep up the good work. It still represents the Studebaker world as far as I am concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Sal,
    And a BBC should certainly motive that amount of weight. Any hot rodding plans for the motor?
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    I love hot rods as long as the car is not stripped and smoothed so much that the original style is lost. Some of these cars end up looking like eggs with no heritage left.
    I adjusted your photos. They make me dizzy sitting sideways.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Well Thom, in my defense, the car had already started its transformation into a hot rod when I got it. The front suspension was changed to Mustang 2 and the interior stripped out. The drivetrain was gone and all the wiring cut out.
    I know its not always enough to make the case, but I love the car and hope to keep it as stock looking as I can. We shall see how it all goes.

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    Let me be the first to offer some static then. Shame on you.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    No static on the 37 for the hotrodding. At least not yet. But I'm not doing anything to the body. The car will always keep its 37 Coupe appearance from the outside. I believe, as most do, that it's already a gem as it sits. Fat tires and a raked stance is about all that's needed to make it truly a great looking hot rod.
    Here are some pix of the latest work.

Name:	IMG_5160.jpg
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	1728228Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5162.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1728229Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5161.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1728230Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5163.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1728231
    First is the steering and Wilwood master cylinder. Quite a stretch from the original. Next is the rear floor and mini tub from the inside. The steering column. Last, the mini tub from the outside. A few more inches for wide tires when and if the rear fenders ever go back on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X