In all my years of Studebakering....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In all my years of Studebakering....

...I don't believe I've ever see a station wagon with "Speedster" wire wheel covers!

I guess I've seen everything now. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Did you miss this one at the International Meet in South Bend in 1988? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...moor-Tail-Gate

Craig

Comment

Hi, Bob,

Forty years or so ago, over on the west side of WA, I saw a '58 Transtar 1/2-ton pickup with a complete Speedster automatic drivetrain and wheel covers. It was copper and white, so I encouraged him to paint it lemon and lime, but he wasn't into that.

jack vines
      Last edited by PackardV8; 05-13-2019, 03:51 PM.
      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
        Did you miss this one at the International Meet in South Bend in 1988? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...moor-Tail-Gate Craig
        Apparently I did, Craig. They sure look a lot better and more appropriate on that President. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I also saw a '54 Conestoga with the wire wheels: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...o-This-Weekend

Craig

Comment

When I purchased my 1963 Daytona Wagonaire in about 1973, it had the '53-mid'56 wire wheel covers. He must have changed the wheels also to get them to fit. The owner did buy new a 1953 Commander Starliner and a 1955 Speedster prior to the new Wagonaire. I bought a set of new 1963 wheelcovers for my Wagonaire and sold the wire wheel covers to a guy for his 1956 Golden Hawk.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I recall a Conestoga on the cover of TW with those.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                In the 1970's, Moorpark Auto Wrecking (SoCal) had a Scotsman station wagon with wire wheel covers.

I didn't get them, a local guy w/a 1956 Golden Hawk grabbed them after I told him they were there.

I don't know what happened to the covers, but I bought this Golden Hawk in 2004.

Comment

Working...
                X