Door seal on 49 truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door seal on 49 truck

My friend has a 49 truck. On one side the door rubber is glued to the door. On the other side it is glued to the body. Which is correct?

Thanks

Hi Alex! My '62 Transtar has it on the Doors, so knowing how they usually never changed anything much, all 'C" Cabs should be the same.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I also believe it should be fastened to the door. The residue on my doors show that the factory did it that way & I am planning to do the same after I finish construction and paint on my 1949 pickup.

Comment

There are little tiny clips that also held them. It is a hard explanation, so see the parts book.

Comment

The door seal is held onto the door (not the body) with tiny little clips. I also glued mine a little as well.

Comment

I will jump onto this thread to ask if anyone has come up with any tricks that would allow gluing on the door weatherseal with the doors on the truck. Seems like getting it lined up correctly along the front edge would be difficult with the door installed. I shoulda put the weather stripping on when the doors were off the truck . . . . .
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
            X