Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzard
    replied
    Thanks for all the posts. I enjoyed it immensely, especially the '38(?) with eleven (11)(I counted them) gauges inside and another four (4) under the hood. Makes me wonder if he ever has time to watch the road, but a very cool ride indeed.
    Does anyone know the owner/builder for more information? Please correct me on the model year.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/584265309/p...56910632260310

Here’s the link to the video the SDC took. I just noticed I said “alternator”, it’s all stock. Has a generator.

Leave a comment:

• plee4139
    replied
    Can anyone tell me if there were any Sky Hawks?

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    Jack, my 57 Commander pictured in post 24.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Originally posted by jackb View Post
    what was in the car corral ?
    There were several cars and trucks for sale, but I did not take pictures of them. There is at least one video on Facebook showing some of the vehicles and even talking about them.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
    Is the race car for sale?
    Not to my knowledge.I didn't talk to the owner.
    The M truck was interesting. I believe it is mounted on a Ford Expedition chassis. I wish I had gotten a good side view. You could see that the proportions were not stock.

Leave a comment:

• jackb
    replied
    what was in the car corral ?

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    This was the rig that caught my attention first.
    Is the race car for sale?

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Originally posted by tim333 View Post
    I am so surprised after two days in the car corral nobody even made an offer.
    That was a nice looking car. I was not in the market, but I remembered looking at it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	27A06E4C-426F-4943-AF50-118BBA3DBDB7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1728014I am so surprised after two days in the car corral nobody even made an offer. I tried to post the video taken but it wouldn’t load.
    Last edited by tim333; 05-11-2019, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post

And...thanks for posting them! It's all about the details. Obviously, someone spent tons of time enjoying building and tinkering with this machine. (It's like, no space should go unused.) I don't think I've ever seen a spring rigged up to keep a radiator cap from vibrating off like the setup shown here!?
    That spring is only needed because the radiator cap is not tightened all of the way. The cap is left in the position of no, or nearly no, pressure.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    You are right. That is a new one on me. At the time I took the pictures there was too much to see to notice that.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    I took a few pictures of that car.

And...thanks for posting them! It's all about the details. Obviously, someone spent tons of time enjoying building and tinkering with this machine. (It's like, no space should go unused.) I don't think I've ever seen a spring rigged up to keep a radiator cap from vibrating off like the setup shown here!?

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
    I should've uploaded these earlier but I didn't want to hijack anyone's thread. I got there kinda late Saturday morning cause a neighbor caught me and we talked a while but there was still plenty of cars to see and stuff for sale yet. I'm glad I drove my Stude. I took my S10 last year and the trans went out half way there.
    John, that light bluish Challenger Wagonaire on the trailer was an interesting wagon; Serial Number 64V10109. 'Too bad it was terribly rusty, because it was shipped to North Sacramento CA! It was built Astra White with blue interior.

It was a V-8 / Flightomatic / Sliding Roof. It also had Convenience Group and Appearance Group, both of which were standard on Commander Wagonaires. Just for fun, I ran the numbers: That Challenger's buyer still saved $94 over a comparably-equipped Commander Wagonaire.

That was enough to allow the Challenger's buyer to add the $6.73 DeLuxe Steering Wheel, which was also an extra-cost option on Commanders. BP

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    Thanks from me too...

I appreciate you guys posting on (de)facebook, and although I finally found a way to view them without joining...I continue to stubbornly resist joining that venue. I joke about having too many relatives on it, but in truth, some of them have made threats to each other about lawsuits for what others have posted. In my quest to not allow anyone to be important enough to get me that upset...I've decided to stay away.

So...for you folks taking the time to learn how to post pics on the forum...a big thumbs up!
    As was stated in Turning Wheels, you don't have to sign up for Facebook to view things. You can "lurk" as a guest. Just look at Studebaker Addicts or the chapter you want to see and ignore the rest. I block lots of junk, but I enjoy it for the most part.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X