South Bend Meet Pics 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend Meet Pics 2019

I should've uploaded these earlier but I didn't want to hijack anyone's thread. I got there kinda late Saturday morning cause a neighbor caught me and we talked a while but there was still plenty of cars to see and stuff for sale yet. I'm glad I drove my Stude. I took my S10 last year and the trans went out half way there.
    Attached Files

Here's the rest. A very nice meet. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

Enjoyed the photos........thank you for posting.
      sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Thank you for sharing the photos.
        Does anyone know if the 1962 pace car is authentic? It certainly looks very nice.
        I especially like the Rosemist 1963 Daytona hardtop.
        I notice a black 1963 Daytona convertible behind a white Avanti...anyone have more information on this car? I have a softspot for the 1963 softtops.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Thanks.
          There were two pace cars there but the other one left before I could get a picture.
          The black '63 'vert was in the general parking lot I think.
          The white truck with the walk in service bed belongs to Chris Dresbach. I liked the 64 Challenger Wagonaire. Slider with a V8
          Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 05-10-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

The black 'vert is Ed Meyers from St. Louis.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks from me too...

I appreciate you guys posting on (de)facebook, and although I finally found a way to view them without joining...I continue to stubbornly resist joining that venue. I joke about having too many relatives on it, but in truth, some of them have made threats to each other about lawsuits for what others have posted. In my quest to not allow anyone to be important enough to get me that upset...I've decided to stay away.

So...for you folks taking the time to learn how to post pics on the forum...a big thumbs up!
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by White Hawk View Post
                Enjoyed the photos........thank you for posting.
                The ivory avanti looks nice!
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Sorry I missed it. I had a nasty case of Bronchitis which I am recovering from now. i have the interior done now in my 39 CE and wanted to drive it up there.

Comment

Wow! Good use of some R3 valve covers.

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                      Wow! Good use of some R3 valve covers.

Cool! All stude rod?

Comment

Yup, the rod is cool but did you look inside at all the gauges and switches and who knows what? I also liked the carb bonnet and yes it is a cool all Stude setup. I got a kick out of the piece of paper taped to the dash with the rpm per mph list. Bill

Comment

"the piece of paper taped to the dash with the rpm per mph list"

I've had several Studebakers where the speedo resembled that remark.

...and yes, that was my favorite car this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                            Thank you for sharing the photos.
                            Does anyone know if the 1962 pace car is authentic? It certainly looks very nice.
                            I especially like the Rosemist 1963 Daytona hardtop.
                            I notice a black 1963 Daytona convertible behind a white Avanti...anyone have more information on this car? I have a softspot for the 1963 softtops.
                            The real nice pace car is not original. Belongs to my neighbor. I did a complete chasse rebuild while the body was in the shop being restored. It is as the original. 289, 4 speed, and blue interior.

Comment

it was a great show. I brought my brother with me this time. He isn’t into Studes but asked to tag along. Had a great time. Maybe I can convince him to buy one! My favorite of the show was the white 3/4 ton Champ. There were some very nice cars in the BRAND X show as well. There was a very nice 58 Ford 4 door sedan. You see those about as often as a Studebaker.
                              1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Working...
                              X