Clear All

• Geohawk63
    replied
    That's how it usually works!

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Geohawk63 View Post
    It would appear to be. The guy I bought the car off of in 1982 did a lot of funny things that I am just now finding out about and fixing. SI has repros but it would be nice to find NOS.
    Thanks.
    I know that I have a NOS AC-3310. The problem is that I have not seen it since my last move and it would probably take more time to find it than it would be worth. I will just wait for it to show up someday when I am digging for something else.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    In '63 external rear view mirrors were still optional; not federally mandated.
    If someone bought a car that didn't have mirrors, more often than not they would buy one from Western Auto, Pep Boys, J.C.Witney or any number of others, rather than being factory correct with the more expensive dealer supplied item.
    Neither of the mirrors on my '53 are Studebaker correct. But no one knows that except Rich Gahlbeck and myself. Click image for larger version

Name:	P7260094b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1727970 So don't go tellin' folks.

Leave a comment:

• Geohawk63
    replied
    It would appear to be. The guy I bought the car off of in 1982 did a lot of funny things that I am just now finding out about and fixing. SI has repros but it would be nice to find NOS.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by Geohawk63 View Post
    Here's a pic of the ones on my 1963 GT Hawk. Definitely not AC-2918 OR AC-3310/3180!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80814[/ATTACH]
    That appears to be a generic aftermarket mirror.

Leave a comment:

• Geohawk63
    replied
    Here's a pic of the ones on my 1963 GT Hawk. Definitely not AC-2918 OR AC-3310/3180!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190507_162737.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1727959

Leave a comment:

• rbisacca
    replied
    Body Parts Catalog shows both AC-2918 and AC-3180 as correct for all 62-64 vehicles. AC-3310 appears to be the same as AC-3180. Stratovue mirrors are commonly known as AC-3310. Can't explain why shown in parts catalog as AC-3180. Avanti catalog shows them as AC-3310.

Leave a comment:

• bensherb
    replied
    My '62 has AC-2918 Stratoline mirrors. The right one is almost useless, they will be leaving soon.

Leave a comment:

• Geohawk63
    started a topic 1963 GT Hawk Outside Mirrors

1963 GT Hawk Outside Mirrors

I'm pretty sure the mirrors on my 1963 GT Hawk aren't the proper ones. The literature says they came with AC-2918's, (Stratoline), but I also see they came with AC-3180's (Strato-Vue), BUT I ALSO see AC-3310 in Studebaker International's catalogue. Can anyone clarify for me?
Working...
X