Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Looking mighty fine, guys.

Congratulations all the way around. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• I've read completely through the multi-age article in HOT ROD..... TWICE. Good show, guys! Way to kick some butt. I hope we impressed some of the other teams.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

• Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
        I'm curious. Were the Engine Masters Challenge, competitors allowed to use anything other than pump gas?
        Mark
        Sunoco was the official supplier/sponsor for the fuel used in the competition.
        We were required to use their Sunoco 260GT 100 octane E5 race gas.
        That is also why there was a 10.5:1 c/r limit.

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 01-15-2020, 06:25 AM.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• With great sadness, I have to let you all know that the Studebaker Power Team has lost one of it's fervent supporters. "Sarge", our 9 month old German Shepherd had a heart attack and died a few days ago. He had a stage IV heart murmur. The vets told us it was inoperable, and the average age for a dog with this condition was 3 years. Sarge kept the average on the low side. Sarge was a great dog, and he lived a full life in just 9 months.
          RIP Sarge.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• Jeff,
            You have saddened both my and Sonja's day. He looked like such a great mascot for the Studebaker team and I'm sure he was terrific company while you worked away. Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair. As you stated " he lived a full life in just 9 months" and rest assured, I am sure he gave you everything he had albeit for such a short duration.
            Our hearts go out to both you and your wife.
            Bill & Sonja
            RIP Sarge

Comment

Working...
            X