No announcement yet.

2019 Engine Master's Challenge - Studebaker Power Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.....when do the Crate Motors start rolling out? (everyone else has them) Great Job, great press.....runs like this, they won't forget Studebaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
      What is the roller lifters from and can they be used out of the box with a roller cam?
      On another thread Jeff wrote they used big block Mopar roller lifters; they can be used as is with most Studebaker V8 roller cams. Custom length pushrods are required.

jack vines

PackardV8

Comment

• Originally posted by bezhawk
        What is the roller lifters from and can they be used out of the box with a roller cam?

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
        On another thread Jeff wrote they used big block Mopar roller lifters; they can be used as is with most Studebaker V8 roller cams. Custom length pushrods are required.
        jack vines
        Yessir.. Brad, We used a Comp Cams p/n# 96829-16 (Solid roller lifter w/bearings) We were 'allowed' to use the solid roller lifters even though the rules require a hydraulic roller lifter. We challenged the rules committee by telling them Studebaker NEVER used hydraulic lifters. They relented <lol>..

However... We could have used a Comp Cams hydraulic roller lifter p/n# 8921-16, but they were $608.90 (and we already had the 96289-16's).... Crower was even more pricey as their p/n# 66341-16's go for $841.22.... CASO, you know <g>.

All of these will require a small modification to make them work. (A) You need to add some clearance for the link bar(s) so the lifters can be installed when the camshaft is in the installed position. This is (IMOHO) the easiest method done during engine buildup. Take a new 4" angle grinder with a new disk and grind a small notch in the casting web up underneath the deck (as looked at from inside the valley. Just a small notch, maybe a quarter inch. Took me a whole 4 minutes to do my last block.
        Or (B), install a dipped connector link bar that will allow the lifters to be installed and not have the link bars hit the web(s) in the block deck underbelly. This would be a good choice for an in-car cam swap, or if one did not want to touch the block.

All of these will require a set of custom pushrods.

My next performance street engine will definitely run the roller cam,
        and run the hydraulic roller lifters (no more adjusting them)..

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• Great news!
          Due to numerous requests, we are running a new batch of button down 2019 Engine Masters Studebaker Power team shirts to be offered up for sale to the supporters and enthusiasts of the Studebaker Power Team.
          Will have pricing available soon. There will be three changes made from the original art work.
          (1) No monogram offered (to keep cost down)
          (2) No flag sewn on sleeve* (to keep cost down)
          * I will put a loose flag in the box upon request.
          (3) (to be announced)

Pre-orders needed now so quantities can be estimated and an accurate price can be quoted.
          "Should" be in the $40 to $45 range (less if I can get some quantity breaks).
          Will need your address so freight out can be accurately quoted.
          Will ship these direct from the printer to avoid double freight out charges (to keep cost's down).

These are great shirts that can be worn with pride!

Sarge approved!

You can PM me here, or send an e-mail to DEEPNHOCK at gmail dot com

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

• I'm in! PM sent!
            Ron Dame
            '63 Champ

Comment

• PM Sent as well.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

• Do I need to send a p.m. too?

Comment

• (10/21/2019)
                  Team Supporter shirt follow up.
                  Have surpassed the minimum quantity order level for the Hot Rod Magazine Engine Masters Team Supporter shirts.
                  This is great news!
                  So, to keep things timely, we are going to give this just a few more days until we cut off the orders and get making shirts!

If you would like a snazzy team supporter shirt, let me know via a PM..
                  Pricing to follow, but we expect it to be in the $40 to $45 range, plus postage out.

Jeff

Comment

• Jeff this is terrific. Include me with postage to 86436 (after early December when we return to Arizona) and give me a final cost so as to mail you a check.
                    Cheers, Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X