Wanted: photos of ‘61 Hawk in Autumn Haze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: photos of ‘61 Hawk in Autumn Haze

Google isn’t being helpful. Can anyone post a few photos of a ‘61 Hawk in Autumn Haze with a Taupe interior? Thanks in advance.

Short memory Matt?

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ed-Autumn-Haze

Craig

Comment

Jeeze, Craig the Last hit was 9/22/2007, only YOU could remember that, Matt was probably still in Junior High School!

AND, you took the Photo in 1983 before he was born !!

Last edited by StudeRich; 05-07-2019, 01:27 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I had a 61 lark in Autumn Haze. I have never had a car so hated by my family as it was due to color. The sad pert for me it was a Cruiser with 19K miles. I did not keep it as family happiness is more important. I liked but oh well, glad we are not all the same in our likes/dislikes
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Thanks, Craig.

I’m mostly interested in seeing interior photos of that combination. I’m curious to see the color of the dash board with the Taupe interior.

Comment

When Milt points out that the car because of it's color was hated by his family, I know what he's talking about. It is virtually always the women, and an occasional persnickety man that hold sway when it comes to color. It can be the most beautiful car in the world, but if it's the "wrong" color, it will always be disliked by some in the family.

I like the subject colors, but then I'm a sucker for a nicely done car, in a color that is seldom seen. It just seems to me that the existence of the color, on a car, adds more completeness to surviving history. Pictures seldom do justice to the concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
              I like the subject colors, but then I'm a sucker for a nicely done car, in a color that is seldom seen. It just seems to me that the existence of the color, on a car, adds more completeness to surviving history. Pictures seldom do justice to the concept.
              Then you should buy this car, provided it's still available: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=exploration

Don't let the nasty Earl Sheib green repaint deceive you, according to the Production Order, it was factory painted in 1958 colors of Canyon Copper & Jewel Beige.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X