No announcement yet.

Wrecked my '53 Starliner today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh the flashbacks.... Watching a friend drop a cash register onto the bonnet of a vintage Porsche 911, not a model......

Comment

Between you and Jeff, I'm having heart attacks here

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
        That's strange. Unless they were gifts from someone else, your dad would have been the one who paid for them in the first place. Even though you may have saved up and bought them with your allowance, he obviously forgot where your allowance came from!!

I remember having things taken away for a period of time until I got what I was supposed to be doing done, but never had anything destroyed like that.

Craig
        As one of 11 kids, there was never an allowance. I did yard work for neighbors for money. It took a long time to save up for a model.
        sals54

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k

Oh you lucky guys with floor in the house...

(Here it's a upper class thing to never take off the shoes inside, it shows you're used to others cleaning.)
          sigpic

Josephine
          Champion V8
          4d sedan

Comment

Jeeze Louise... I'm not cryin about it... just remembering. I had a great life and am still living the dream.
            My son went to live in Mexico for awhile helping the poor folks down there. Now there are some poor conditions. He went to visit a family one time and they insisted that he, being the guest should have the very best bucket to sit on. It was a one room shack with a dirt floor and no other furniture than buckets to sit on.
            So, I am under no illusion that I had it very rough or anything. Just remembering. Sheesh.
            sals54

Comment

Sorry if my joke was to rude, didn't mean to harm.
              sigpic

Josephine
              Champion V8
              4d sedan

Comment

We was so poor growing up. We could not afford a dog. My chore was to run out into the yard and bark at anyone who came up on us.

Comment

I suspect most of us expected to see something like this after clicking on this thread...
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	53StudebakerturnoverPOLICEatWRECKOA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1727946
                  ~Matt Connor
                  '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

I stick to monster and figure models; car model pieces are too small, real cars are easier for me to build. (most of my models are almost as old as my Stude. I've been collecting them for decades.)
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3447.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1727950Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2716.jpg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1727951Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2718.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1727952Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2719.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1727953Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2724.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1727954Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2722.jpg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1727955
                    sigpic

Comment

We were so poor growing up that for my birthday I got a rubber ball. And for Christmas I got to bounce it.
                      "Every man I meet on the street is superior to me in some respect, and from that I can learn."
                      R.W. Emerson

Comment

Working...
                      X