Need to contact owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to contact owner

I spoke to the owner of this 53 Starliner at the downtown SB First Friday event. He graciously allowed me to take some pics of his engine compartment. I need a pic of the left side of his carb. I neglected to introduce myself or get his name. Help!Click image for larger version

Name:	5C90299A-A241-4B9D-BF98-52E2645E12A9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1760476

If the '53 Commander is Stock, there would be lots of ways to get a Pic of the Left Side of a Stromberg Model WW rear facing Top air horn Carb.

The '51 & 52's have a down draft Top Carb. Left Side Choke, Choke Heater, and Exhaust Manifold and '53 to '58's are Right Side.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

So post a pic please.

Comment

This is my carb, is the damper correct?Click image for larger version

Name:	175C1736-9B11-4794-93CB-7C5A8F17B866.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1727927

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
          So post a pic please.
          Can't you look in your '53 Shop Manual or '53 to '55 Studebaker Chassis Parts Catalog?

I don't usually save Engine Compartment Photos with the Carb. as a focus, but here is a pretty clear left side of a '53 H/T with '56-'57 Paint, and '55 Engine & Decals:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Provincial Eng2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1727928 A '57 Wagon W/a WW Carb.
          If the "Damper" you refer to is the Throttle Dashpot used on Automatic Trans Cars to slow the Throttle Return, I would have to see the LEFT Side.

Is that a MoPar Mounting Bracket maybe?

I can't quite see what is going on with that Accelerator Pump LEVER either, it looks odd and missing it's Link.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 05-05-2019, 05:57 PM.
          StudeRich

Comment

I got the carb back from Dave T, he said the dashpot was bad. The parts book does not show the dashpot. I was hoping an actual picture of another would help.
            Last edited by tim333; 05-06-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Here’s a photo of the left side.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1727934Don’t know why pic is sideways. The return spring connects to the hole at the bottom of the adjustment screw on the throttle lever.
              Last edited by tim333; 05-06-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Here’s a better picture.

Comment

Your Pic # 80757 does the same thing my 80741 does. No worky, I can see mine fine while loading it, but not after that. It's probably my Internet Provider Firefox, it has been doing crazy things lately.

Anyway on that sideways Pic I can see a weird Idle set screw with the thumb handle on the end, it's way too long and I don't see it working at all.

Are you saying Dave did an expensive Rebuild on that one and sent it back with a New non-working Dashpot, and that funky screw? That doesn't sound like something Dave would do.

The Forward Return Spring goes in that Hole in the Lever below the end of that wrong screw!
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 05-06-2019, 08:51 PM.
                  StudeRich

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0510191756.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1728026Click image for larger version

Name:	0510191756a.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	1728027 Don't know if you got things figured out yet, but if not here are some pic.s of the left side of. my '54 carb. Hope they help.
                    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Working...
                    X