Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avantilover
    replied
    The best way of promoting Studebaker is to get out there to car shows and let car lovers see them.

Like Bob Palma and others have said, Ed George and his friends put on a great display at MCACN.

I know the Studebakers are very much a part of the show and are displayed in a prominent position, not hidden away in a far off corner

Well done Ed and friends - I look forward to seeing this year's display.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
    Way cool car, with a GOOD engine, but not a way cool one.
    I think I'd have to put a Lingenfelter LT1 in the "way cool" category. (as I would an R3...even an R3 clone)

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    I like them both but I'd be more likely to build one like the first one. The black one is cool and if I had never seen an original 53 starliner I'd love it to death. Its a little too much for me. The enormous tires in back don't float my boat.

I'd want it like the lavender one including the wheel covers but I'd use more modern tires, a bit wider and lower but not so you'd have to tub it, etc. If you need those 350 tires in back you can always get a viper.

Leave a comment:

• whitehawk759
    replied
    No matter how you spell it, that is a "WAY COOL" car!

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    replied
    Beautiful car. Although our '53 custom has been changed externally, we like being able to tell folks it still has its original 232 V8 with 3 speed OD tranny. There is just something about those Stude drive trains.....

Leave a comment:

• tsenecal
    replied
    It seems like a lot of cash ($69,000), but compared to any 2019 luxury car, it is right in the ballpark, and for me at least, it would be ten times more fun to drive and show off. The value might even hold it's own, while the new cars would depreciate rapidly.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
    Ok, here's more photos of it. I don't see anything, showing the back seat?

Mark
    Click on the link to the site that offers it for sale. Tons of photos.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• jnormanh
    replied
    Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
    how well those stock looking wheels and tires actually hook up, that much power?

Mark
    Clouds of blue tire smoke.

Leave a comment:

• S2Deluxe
    replied
    Ok, here's more photos of it. I don't see anything, showing the back seat?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	16186418-1953-studebaker-commander-std.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1727938Click image for larger version

Name:	16186407-1953-studebaker-commander-std.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1727939Click image for larger version

Name:	16186461-1953-studebaker-commander-std.jpg
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1727941Click image for larger version

Name:	16186408-1953-studebaker-commander-std.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1727942

It all appears beautifully done. Although, it looks like it has a '54 - '55 horn button and '55 window cranks? I think, the gas pedal styling looks kind of out of place? I also wonder, what the rear axle and it's ratio is? As well as, how well those stock looking wheels and tires actually hook up, that much power?

Mark
    Last edited by S2Deluxe; 05-06-2019, 06:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Compare it to Ed E's 1953 Starliner, with a hemi, that brought $30K at a recent major auction.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
    All well stated, thanks for the post. Personally my engine preference is always Studebaker but I never did follow the crowd. I find it tough to beat the pure simplicity and overall clean look of Studebaker Genes' motor in his Champ pickup. If I find his pic I'll post it. Now all I'm doing is trying to replicate it with my new motor for my GT.
    Another very tastefully modified and presented '54 was Alan (?) Johnson's '54 Coupe at SEMA a couple of years back. Google it too.
    Bill

https://www.good-guys.com/hotnews/19...year-finalist/

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    All well stated, thanks for the post. Personally my engine preference is always Studebaker but I never did follow the crowd. I find it tough to beat the pure simplicity and overall clean look of Studebaker Genes' motor in his Champ pickup. If I find his pic I'll post it. Now all I'm doing is trying to replicate it with my new motor for my GT.
    Another very tastefully modified and presented '54 was Alan (?) Johnson's '54 Coupe at SEMA a couple of years back. Google it too.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
    It is unusual but I like it. Actually I have not found a color that does not look wonderful on a stock Starliner.
    Agree. Choice of colors is personal preference. JMHO, but the Starliner looks best in subtle colors. The bright, garish colors are for designs with bad lines.

Having said that, fifty years of driving every Stude in most every color, far and away the most magnetic to the general public is the '55 Speedster in "lemon and lime".

I think, it's a value, that could still actually be slightly under, what I've got in my '54 C body, Soo far! Mark
    For true, Mark. Take a typical C/K to a professional shop to duplicate this one and the bill is guaranteed to exceed $130,000.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• S2Deluxe
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I too would like to own it, but not at that price.
    While it may, currently, be a little bit steep for me, as well? I'd certainly prefer it! To a '55 - '57 shoebox, at the same price? I think, it's a value, that could still actually be slightly under, what I've got in my '54 C body, Soo far!

Mark

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    It is unusual but I like it. Actually I have not found a color that does not look wonderful on a stock Starliner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X