Going down under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going down under

In 3 days I will be leaving for Australia and their International Studebaker meet, since 2001 Ian Mackellar has been coming over for our International meet and since 2003 when he comes he stays with my family and travels with us to and from a couple of times his family came with him and we then had a full motor home load but always did manage. Ian even came over for a trip to Reedsvile, and the pure stock races and so it is now my turn to go there, it has been on my bucket list for sometime now. I should get a chance to see many Studebaker's that I have sent over to him and he then worked on and resold and from what he says the ones done are really nice cars and worth seeing, I also look forward to meeting other people I have sold parts to in the past 20 years. There will be a number of their members from New Zealand and their cars at this meet. I look forward to meeting them and also see some cars I sent to their country, all in all it should be fun and welcome the trip, maybe not the 15 hour flight but that is part of going down under. And yes I will be packing some parts in my suit case for Ian.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Have a great and much envied trip Bob. You deserve it.
    Cheers,
    Bill

Comment

Have a great trip, Bob! Say "hi" to Ian.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Enjoy the trip
        Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
        1961 Hawk 4-speed
        1967 Avanti
        1961 Lark 2 door
        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Have a great trip, Bob. And don't let the blood rush to your head while you're down there.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Have a great time Bob! I was in Brisbane while in the Navy and really loved it there. You'll have a great time as the Aussies really enjoy having a good time. Bill

Comment

Enjoy it all Bob ! We still love the black 55 coupe we got from you, but make sure the fellow that got the blue 53 or 54 I wanted first is taking care of it, ha !

Comment

Have a good trip Bob and don't forget to take a lot of pictures to share.

Comment

Don't be getting any ideas of retiring down there, we want you to come back!
                  I hope you have a great time.
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Cool beans, Bob. Safe travels and say "Hi" to Ian.

(You two guys are a deadly pair; will you have chaperones? ) BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey Bob, hope you have been practising driving on the "wrong " side of the road cause I think Ian has some driving lessons in store for you! Payback is a bitch .
                      Brian Greenall
                      Melbourne, OZ
                      sigpic

Comment

Have a great time Bob! Hope it all goes well for you. It was 1968 since I was there. Tell everyone I said HELLO!
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Bob, you're going to love it. Last time I was there I was fortunate enough to attend a local Melbourne chapter meet. Couldn't get over the friendliness, the enthusiasm and nice cars in attendance. You'll do even much better with knowing more people and going to the their International Meet.
                          (If you're driving there, remember that right turns are different)
                          sigpic
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I can only repeat what others have said. Have a safe and wonderful trip.

Comment

Look up a Sir James Quigley from Melborne he will have a beautiful 64 blue GT hawk at show

Joe Parsons

Comment

Working...
                              X