Advance Auto Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Auto Surprise

Found this by accident. I haven't checked for other Studebakers, but I imagine they have other models. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/fi...sky-hawk-parts

Interesting ad. Appears someone with limited Studebaker knowledge decided that the Sky Hawk was a singular model line.

Comment

...or, more like many such things at this point in time, just goofy.

Comment

Looks like some Honda Passports ///may/// have used Dana 44s as well !! I never would have expected THAT.
        https://www.summitracing.com/parts/f...ons/make/honda

Comment

Perhaps they got Buick Sky Hawks confused with Studebaker Sky Hawks.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I checked on a 64 289 hawk water pump and the picture looks right for$70.

Comment

Tried ordering anything from them? Geesh! They may list it, but it may not actually be available. BTDT.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
                Tried ordering anything from them? Geesh! They may list it, but it may not actually be available. BTDT.
                That's click-bait-hell. All auto parts stores, including those who aren't, such as Walmart, have paid Googlewhore to have their site pop up on any search. They don't stock it, will never stock it, but will waste everyone's time by getting a click which takes the search to their site. They're actively working to wasting the time of ninety-nine people in the hope one may stay there and buy something else.

It's so ironic, in that Google's original motto was, "Don't Be Evil." Once they realized how easy it was to become evil billionaires,
                Google Removes 'Don't Be Evil' Clause From Its Code of Conduct
                https://gizmodo.com/google-removes-n...evil-from-1826... Google’s unofficial motto has long been the simple phrase “don’t be evil.”. ... The phrase was removed sometime in late April or early May 2018.
                jack vines
                Last edited by PackardV8; 04-15-2019, 01:45 PM.
                PackardV8

Comment

This "Sky Hawk" Wheel Cylinder is a good example of the WRONG Parts you will get if you fall for Suppliers who are NOT Studebaker Vendors:

(Part No. WCA15306) Only $27.49 at Advance Auto Parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WCA 15306.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	1727667
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 04-15-2019, 10:58 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Bought my water pump there 2yrs ago
                    Think it was around $60 then
                    You would be suprised what you can get from them, they"re tied to carquest
                    now. My son has a 61 rambler american. He"s bought a lot of parts from them for it, head gasket, m.c. rebuild kit, carb rebuild kit.

Comment

Carquest and Advance, same company.

Comment

Originally posted by 50pete View Post
                        now. My son has a 61 rambler american. He"s bought a lot of parts from them for it, head gasket, m.c. rebuild kit, carb rebuild kit.
                        You are right, "SOME" are correct, about a 50/50 Chance! And YOU get to pay the shipping THREE Times, and WAIT, Wait, wait.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

A couple of years ago, between Advance, AutoZone, and NAPA, I got master cylinder, wheel cylinders, flex hoses, and three of four sets of shoes to do all the brakes on my 57 Champion and 58 Provincial. Before that, all the gaskets I needed to do the timing gear on the 58 (timing cover, pan, front seal, exhaust manifold). This summer I went looking for a carb rebuild kit for a 43 Ford flathead, and the main AutoZone depot in Buffalo had it on the shelf.

I'm torn between supporting Studebaker vendors, and letting the big chains know there's still a demand, but it's hard to beat the convenience and savings I get by jumping over the border (I live in Fort Erie) and ordering the parts, picking them up usually three days later at most. Saves shipping, and the border is usually pretty forgiving on tax and duty on vintage car parts.

I did try to get the V8 water pump a year or two ago, and was told it was unavailable.

John

Comment

I have had pretty good luck with rockauto.com with very low prices, and most importantly, PHOTOGRAPHS of the parts so you can verify they are right before ordering. Just got new brake shoes for my ‘59 Hawk for around $25, for example.
                            1950 Commander Land Cruiser
                            1951 Champion Business Coupe
                            1951 Commander Starlight
                            1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
                            1953 Champion Starlight
                            1953 Commander Starliner
                            1953 2R5
                            1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
                            1957 Silver Hawk
                            1957 3E5 Pick-Up
                            1959 Silver Hawk
                            1961 Hawk
                            1962 Cruiser 4 speed
                            1963 Daytona Convertible
                            1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
                            1965 Cruiser
                            1970 Avanti

Comment

Originally posted by 50pete View Post
                              Advance Auto owns Carquest now, at least the ones that were company owned. There are still a few independent ones out there.
                              Chip
                              '63 Cruiser
                              '57 Packard wagon
                              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X