Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop the presses! More news about Daisy-Mae!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop the presses! More news about Daisy-Mae!

I actually have some great news! My mechanic, a wonderful fellow, managed to find a replacement set of points at his shop. Of course I still get to keep the S.I. ones when they do get here. Anyway, He stayed up until 9 PM last night free-of-charge in order to insure that I would have Daisy-Mae for my prom on Saturday. "I was a father once..." is all he said. He even apologized profusely for not noticing the issue with the distributor earlier.

That right there, ladies and gentlemen, is an example of human kindness. It is not to be taken for granted. Therefore, I personally stopped by his shop today in order to properly thank him.

While the final bill is still going to be a bunch, I frankly do not care. The positives certainly outweigh the negatives in this case!
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 04-05-2019, 05:58 PM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Thats great news, congrats!

You might want to not tell our date, and keep it as a surprise that you have the car back....

Comment

He sounds like a keeper for a Mechanic. They are hard to find , Ed

Comment

That's good... I think! I would have to see that Bill before I could say it was a Good Deal or not!

It takes 10 Min. to replace a Rotor and the Points normally would be fine and the Cap ruined.
        About an hour Labor should do it with Points, Condenser, Cap and Rotor.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Great news Jake. Erase my previous comment.
          Congrats, you are truly a new generation inspiration for us old farts.
          Bill

Comment

Yup, even if it's gonna be costly it for sure seems worth keeping such mechanic happy!
            sigpic

Josephine
            Champion V8
            4d sedan

Comment

Have an awesome time at your prom Jake! cheers, junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I hope that You and Daisy Mae and your *other* date have an awesome prom!

Comment

Sounds like you should get that mechanic to be your MENTOR.

Comment

What? You're old enough to be going to your prom, and you can't change a set of points? Is your date going to check the tire pressures, pull the dipshick and pump the gas?

Harrruuuuumph!

Comment

Great story. It sounds like you are amassing a lot of great stories. I'll wait breathlessly for the book to come out, and later the movie.
                      I saw the photo you posted of you dressed to the nines with your car. I agree that would make a terrific TW cover shot.
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                        I saw the photo you posted of you dressed to the nines with your car. I agree that would make a terrific TW cover shot.
                        Yes, that would make a good cover shot!
                        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                        Ron Smith
                        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
                          What? You're old enough to be going to your prom, and you can't change a set of points? Is your date going to check the tire pressures, pull the dipshick and pump the gas?

Harrruuuuumph!
                          Hey, I'm slowly but surely building up experience. You can't ask more of me than that.
                          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

I am trying to meet up with this kid when in Ft Lauderdale in May. If schedules work, there will be pictures of his GT Hawk and my 63 GT Hawk. Hopefully his prom night will not result in the need for us senior Studebaker owners to shop at the store for baby items..................

Comment

I reckon this might be quite a generation thing; I always fixed my flat tires on my bikes as a kid, later cleaned the carb on my moped, & then built my Triumph motorcycle form boxes & then did what ever needed to my cars as there was always some one to ask for knowlage, & I had 5 cars before I had my drivers license... But there was no computergames & American Graffiti & Two Lane Blacktop was the movies at the time...
                              sigpic

Josephine
                              Champion V8
                              4d sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X