Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebakers in Burgundy. (No! Not the color!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers in Burgundy. (No! Not the color!)

Hi Folks,
    The french Studebaker Amicale held a little gathering in Burgundy during the last week end.
    Here are some pictures of it along with the sites we visited: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VX...QZhOxtV499H7QH
    Don't hesitate to ask if precisions are needed.
    Nice day to all.
    Last edited by christophe; 04-04-2019, 02:19 PM.
    sigpic

Always amazed by the number and quality of Studebakers out side the US a lot of nice cars and general pictures of area. Thanks you enjoyed the entire group of photos Like the play on words

Comment

Very Nice. When in the Navy I visited a number of French ports and just loved the place. Nothing beats a French pastry and a cup of espresso.
      It looks like you had a fair turnout of Studebakers. I wish I could have joined you on those wonderful French roads in a Studebaker.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Christophe, Thanks for the pictures. Loved the Studebaker pictures and more so the French countryside. Using the enlargement feature, shows much of the detail. Very nice. It would be nice to know for what the buildings are historically notable.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBillyHawk View Post
          Christophe, Thanks for the pictures. Loved the Studebaker pictures and more so the French countryside. Using the enlargement feature, shows much of the detail. Very nice. It would be nice to know for what the buildings are historically notable.
          Thanks, Bill (and the others, of course!). I will give more details about this tomorrow as I have to leave my office now.
          Last edited by christophe; 04-04-2019, 12:35 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

The black "Zwis" -53 sedan was in Sweden also!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1725908
            sigpic

Josephine
            Champion V8
            4d sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
              The black "Zwis" -53 sedan was in Sweden also!
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]79927[/ATTACH]
              Yes, Laurent told me about this. He drives his Champion a lot, especially with its new engine. His girlfriend and his mother were there too. Originally, this car was bought new by Laurent grandfather and restored by his father. It is a very nice car.
              sigpic

Comment

Aha, nice family it seems, I can't remember talking to him, but I did talk to the French club president who due to just a wire-problem(!) had to leave his car behind & come without his Studebaker to the meeting.
                & as I'm always interested in 53-55 sedans I ofcourse took a photo of that neat -53...
                sigpic

Josephine
                Champion V8
                4d sedan

Comment

Sorry for the delay, guys.
                  Here are some additional informations about the pictures.
                  #2270 to #2285 were taken at Semur-en-Auxois. More about this medieval city here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semur-en-Auxois
                  #2286 to #2311 refer to the village of Flavigny-sur-Ozerain:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavigny-sur-Ozerain. This is really an enchanting place widely known for its Anise de Flavigny, still fabricated locally:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anise_of_Flavigny
                  #2312 to #2325 show our cars parked just outside Flavigny.
                  Then, our paces went to Alésia (#2327 to #2336) where Julius Ceasar supposedly defeated Vercingétorix in 52 BC. I said supposedly because there are many alternative theories about its location. The statue shows Vercingétorix. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alesia_(city). One of our members had starting problems there (and one of the cars refused to take the hill, but it was not performing correctly). It's been a long time since I last saw jumper cables between two 6V cars!
                  #2337 to # 2345 were taken the morning after on the hotel parking lot before our departure from Semur-En-Auxois.
                  #2346 to #2394 show the somptuous cistercian abbey of Fontenay, located just near Montbard:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbey_of_Fontenay. It was founded in 1118 and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
                  The last pictures show our cars in front of the place where we took our last meal together in Montbard.
                  We were very fortunate during this weekend to visit all this sites in perfect whether conditions and with almost nobody around. During the summer, all these locations are crowded with people.

I hope you enjoyed our little tour and wish a nice weekend to all of you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Christophe,
                    Thank you for giving us a terrific selection of pictures of your European Studebakers and particularly a glimpse into your wonderful scenic French countryside (not the Burgundy, hic, I am used to!). I understand that you and I share the common ownership of 1963 GT Hawks.
                    Keep up the great posts.
                    Cheers, Bill

Comment

Lovely!
                      Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Christophe, "Carpe Diem", seize the day! from a great sundial picture among all the other beautiful shots. Amazing how many Studebakers there.
                        Thanks for the descriptions. Loved it.

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments. My pleasure.
                          To Bill (Buzzard), yes I have a 63 GT too. It is an export version with the OHV6, You might have noticed it in the last feature article of our beloved Fred Fox. I'm afraid you'll read about it one time more because I've just sent a closeup picture of my body plate to Fred!
                          Nice day to all.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X