Clear All

• jpepper
    replied
    Thanks Bob for all your efforts.

Leave a comment:

• DieselJim
    replied
    Originally posted by tim333 View Post
    Are there any discounts set up at local hotels? Which are closest?
    Comfort Suites is the closets one where all the Studebaker after hour happens. A couple miles from the fair grounds. Just north a mile from Comfort Suites is a new Holiday Inn Express.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by jrlemke View Post
    Same boat as "sweetolbob" I'm 72 and I only missed one since 2009,I was in the hospital in South Bend a couple of years ago and got out on Monday!!! I'm coming this year, but it's a toss-up for any following year. It's HELL to get old, but better than the alternative!!- Jim
    I didn't start to feel like I was getting old until after I was 75.

Leave a comment:

• jrlemke
    replied
    Same boat as "sweetolbob" I'm 72 and I only missed one since 2009,I was in the hospital in South Bend a couple of years ago and got out on Monday!!! I'm coming this year, but it's a toss-up for any following year. It's HELL to get old, but better than the alternative!!- Jim

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Mute
    replied
    This is the first time I will have to miss my pilgrimage to May in South bend in many years I have an event at home on the Thursday before the meet, and am being honored at a Veterans event on Sunday in Davenport, Iowa; SO the decision has been made to pass on this great meet; but I will be in Mansfield. THANKS TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS THAT HAVE KEPT THIS MAY SWAP GOING FOR ALL THESE MANY YEARS!!

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    John, At 76 I'm finding there are many things I don't know. Among them is my condition next year. If you have both the opportunity and incentive to go to South Bend, do it!!

I don't know when my last trip will be but I hope it won't be from many years ago.

Bob
    Last edited by sweetolbob; 04-07-2019, 10:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• unclemiltie
    replied
    Borgers, Hackney and Lindsey are generally there with new chrome. You can get their contact from March issue of Turning Wheels. Lindsey normally has the biggest display of bumpers.

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    Will any of you chrome vendors be there with a rear bumper for a 53 Starliner? I bought a rear bar for my 51 Landcruiser last year but lost his card.

Leave a comment:

• tim333
    replied
    Are there any discounts set up at local hotels? Which are closest?

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    Just pull the pin and go! You won't be sorry you went, I'm sure.

Those outbuildings will still be there waiting for you when you're done vending. And you might even come home with some new stuff to put inside them!!

Craig
    Right on both counts. The work can wait the few days of the meet. And yes, if you aren't careful you may bring home more stuff. After the swap meet at the Springfield IM we had trouble with getting everything home even though we sold a lot of stuff.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    I would love to load up some parts in my Stude truck bed trailer and try to vend in the event. So, if I don't make it...Y'all have a great time!
    Just pull the pin and go! You won't be sorry you went, I'm sure.

Those outbuildings will still be there waiting for you when you're done vending. And you might even come home with some new stuff to put inside them!!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    OH MY!...It's that time of year again and I want to attend. I am realizing how much I neglected to keep up with for the past years while attending to my elderly mother's needs. Some of my surviving siblings didn't step up, and others (younger) were engrossed in their careers and kids. It's now been a little over a month since her funeral and I am trying to catch up repairing my outbuilding before they collapse around me. If I can get enough of this barn recladding project securely in the dry enough to allow a temporary pause...I might be able to squeeze in the road-trip.

I keep getting crazy interruptions, like the paint store handing me two gallons of custom matched paint...only to find they mixed it to an entirely wrong color! How th' heck does that happen when I gave them a sample to match? Then, there's today when my personal manager (AKA wife) scheduled a dental appointment. Rain is forecast for tomorrow so this afternoon I'll be climbing this scaffold with my jaw dragging and drooling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Barn Project 4-4-19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1725907
    I would love to load up some parts in my Stude truck bed trailer and try to vend in the event. I have only tried selling a few parts at local meets on rare occasions and I'm thinking this one would be a fun experience. I'm finding that at age 74 I am not as nimble at scurrying up and down ladders and scaffolds as easily as I could at 34.
    Also, I have done some reading and discovered that just because you can operate a saw and a hammer is not the only requirement to properly construct a barn for durability and longevity. I didn't build this building, but if I had known more back then...I would have known better than to let the guys that did build it to not take shortcuts along with my money.
    So, if I don't make it...Y'all have a great time!

Leave a comment:

• unclemiltie
    replied
    Thanks to the Michinia chapter for finding ways to keep this epic event alive. Thanks to Stephen Allen and Studebaker International for expanding your presence at this meet.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    We’re gearing up and getting ready for the trip north. Looking forward to it; thanks Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Henning
    replied
    Originally posted by jrlemke View Post
    Are the gate numbers same as last year? If not, how about a map?- Jim
    The gate numbers are the same.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X