Changes in the May Meet in South Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    Just pull the pin and go! You won't be sorry you went, I'm sure.

Those outbuildings will still be there waiting for you when you're done vending. And you might even come home with some new stuff to put inside them!!

Craig
    Right on both counts. The work can wait the few days of the meet. And yes, if you aren't careful you may bring home more stuff. After the swap meet at the Springfield IM we had trouble with getting everything home even though we sold a lot of stuff.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Are there any discounts set up at local hotels? Which are closest?

Comment

Will any of you chrome vendors be there with a rear bumper for a 53 Starliner? I bought a rear bar for my 51 Landcruiser last year but lost his card.

Comment

Borgers, Hackney and Lindsey are generally there with new chrome. You can get their contact from March issue of Turning Wheels. Lindsey normally has the biggest display of bumpers.
          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
          1961 Hawk 4-speed
          1967 Avanti
          1961 Lark 2 door
          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

John, At 76 I'm finding there are many things I don't know. Among them is my condition next year. If you have both the opportunity and incentive to go to South Bend, do it!!

I don't know when my last trip will be but I hope it won't be from many years ago.

Bob
            Last edited by sweetolbob; 04-07-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

This is the first time I will have to miss my pilgrimage to May in South bend in many years I have an event at home on the Thursday before the meet, and am being honored at a Veterans event on Sunday in Davenport, Iowa; SO the decision has been made to pass on this great meet; but I will be in Mansfield. THANKS TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS THAT HAVE KEPT THIS MAY SWAP GOING FOR ALL THESE MANY YEARS!!

Comment

Same boat as "sweetolbob" I'm 72 and I only missed one since 2009,I was in the hospital in South Bend a couple of years ago and got out on Monday!!! I'm coming this year, but it's a toss-up for any following year. It's HELL to get old, but better than the alternative!!- Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jrlemke View Post
                  Same boat as "sweetolbob" I'm 72 and I only missed one since 2009,I was in the hospital in South Bend a couple of years ago and got out on Monday!!! I'm coming this year, but it's a toss-up for any following year. It's HELL to get old, but better than the alternative!!- Jim
                  I didn't start to feel like I was getting old until after I was 75.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                    Are there any discounts set up at local hotels? Which are closest?
                    Comfort Suites is the closets one where all the Studebaker after hour happens. A couple miles from the fair grounds. Just north a mile from Comfort Suites is a new Holiday Inn Express.

Comment

Thanks Bob for all your efforts.
                      james r pepper

Comment

Working...
                      X