Making a push to the finish line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a push to the finish line

I have not posted updates on the progress of the Lark lately, so here is where I am...

I just installed the new electric fuel pump and the car runs perfectly with it. I just have it wired through a relay for now without the oil pressure switch. I plan to add that before the car hits the road.

Received my Hot Rod and Brakes caliper mounts for the front disk brake conversion. I also received my new wheel cylinders for the stock drum brakes on the rear. I am ordering all the new lines and hoses this week along with the other hardware for the front disk conversion. I just bought the basic kit from Hot Rod and Brakes and am picking up all the generic pieces locally. New master cylinder and proportioning valve should arrive later this week too.

Once I get that sorted out, the car will go and also whoa. This will be a milestone for the car as it would run and drive when I got it, but it ran badly and stopped even worse. Now with the rebuilt Stromberg and the electric pump, it runs really well. I am amazed at how quiet the engine is. No valve taps, misses, or anything at idle. At 10 feet away, you wouldn't be able to tell if it is running or not.

My goal is to hit the pavement with this car before the snow flies this year. Depending on how things shake out in the next couple months, I should be able to get it done. Wish me luck...
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -B Franklin

Exciting times. Getting an old car back on the road is a sweet experience.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Pics of the car here

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...2-Door-Hardtop
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -B Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X