Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 54stude
    replied
    Yes, you can pull your own parts if you ask first.

Leave a comment:

• Jolly-John
    replied
    Hi, Bob. Do you know, if the buyer is allowed to pull the parts himself at this yard? Thanks. John

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    Just for grins, ask about truck fenders pricing.....

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    I’ll be there in a couple weeks. Can snag what I can for anyone IF the price is fair. Some quotes on pricing was full on retail but that’s just the start of negotiations.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs K Corbin
    replied
    There's enough there to build a couple trucks! OR MORE.
    Anybody notice the Radio plus plate in the one truck? Somebody Snag that!
    I also noticed a couple good doors (good from this angle), and maybe some fenders for truck that could be salvaged.

Leave a comment:

• TX Rebel
    replied
    Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post

I saw what appeared to be a '50 Comm grill panel ass'y & a Starlight cpe that has the r glass stainless mldg I need.

Leave a comment:

• BobWaitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Studelarkrod View Post
    Kessler's auto salvage??

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ke...644!4d-91.7677

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sal
    replied
    If you go back, try to get the VIN & body number from the '66 so I can include it into the registry.
    thanks
    Mike Sal

Leave a comment:

• Studelarkrod
    replied
    Kessler's auto salvage??

Leave a comment:

• BobWaitz
    replied
    There was the obligatory Pacer and a good number of Ramblers. I didn't see a Gremlin but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. We were being led to all the Studes by Tom. I can't speak to the later models that Dick Datson was fond of listing for rear-end interchanges because I wasn't looking for them. We were there 4 hours and we were on the move the whole time.

Leave a comment:

• Stude Shoo-wop!
    replied
    A very nice and eclectic collection of Studebakers here! I just have one question. Given how this is in Wisconsin, I wonder if there was a strong AMC presence in that junkyard?

Leave a comment:

• BobWaitz
    replied
    I just added a few more pictures to the beginning of the album. Not sure why they didn't get uploaded in the first go-round!

Leave a comment:

• bensherb
    replied
    Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    everything that was more than twenty years old was crushed.
    They should have crushed anything newer than 20 years and kept everything older. You can find that new stuff in hundreds of yards for pennies. I see 10 to 20 year old cars that look brand new in wrecking yards all the time, and they go into the crusher that way too. A minor problem very often costs far more to fix than they're worth and the get scrapped. The wrecker I go to might have one car in ten that is actually wrecked and almost nothing over 20 years old.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    That fourth photo is probably THE elusive '51 Commander 3-passenger coupe.

We used to have a yard like that about an hour from us with vehicles going back in to the teens. Picked out a lot of parts there; including complete power steering for my '53 for $80 and two perfect stainless gravel guards for a '52 for $15.
    It was fun just to walk through there.
    When the yard owner passed away his family had to settle the estate and everything that was more than twenty years old was crushed.
    Last edited by rockne10; 04-01-2019, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied
    Thanks for the pix Bob.

Reminds me A LOT of a yard in MN I used to visit often when I was rebuilding my '53 in the 1997-2003 era.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X