Front Seat Adjusters Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Seat Adjusters Finished

I finally got the front seat adjusters finished for the 54 coupe. I disassembled them and had them zinc plated. They turned out great. take a look and tell me what you think.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562553849krZiPx

Domenic Manera
    1954 Regal Starlight Coupe
    Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
    City of York Fire Department
    York, SC 29745

Wow, great. If you put that much effort, and attention to detail, on parts no one will see, we need to see more of your car!

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR
    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker.htm

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR
    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Wow, great. If you put that much effort, and attention to detail, on parts no one will see, we need to see more of your car!

Dick
      Mountain Home, AR
      http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker.htm

Dick
      Mountain Home, AR
      http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Thanks, I hope to get a lot of attention in PA at the international meet. I have set that as my deadline for having everything ready. Also if you go to the link I think you can see other albums that I have of the progress and work on my car. Again Thanks for your comments.

Domenic Manera
        York, SC 29745

Comment

Thanks, I hope to get a lot of attention in PA at the international meet. I have set that as my deadline for having everything ready. Also if you go to the link I think you can see other albums that I have of the progress and work on my car. Again Thanks for your comments.

Domenic Manera
          York, SC 29745

Comment

Dom, the tracks look great. I'll look forward to seeing the finished car as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Dom, the tracks look great. I'll look forward to seeing the finished car as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Glad you brought this up Domenic, as seat adjustment is one of my pet issues. I am of the opinion that the average Studebaker buyer must have been 5'-3" tall, judging by the available seat adjustment in the various cars I've been around (although my '38 sat pretty good). This state of affairs is not limited to Studebaker of course. People were shorter then, but still...

Your tracks are the same as my 55 Commander Coupe. On my car, the tracks are installed in the rear-most hole position, but even so, with the seat all the way back I still feel like I'm being pressed into the steering wheel. I look at it and think, my god, is that all the further back it'll go?

On my '64, I drilled a new set of hole in the floor to set the seat further back, and installed wood blocks under the seat.

A corollory issue is the soft seat cushions that seem to be common in Studebakers, resulting in one sitting too low.

Comments? RTQ?

Comment

Glad you brought this up Domenic, as seat adjustment is one of my pet issues. I am of the opinion that the average Studebaker buyer must have been 5'-3" tall, judging by the available seat adjustment in the various cars I've been around (although my '38 sat pretty good). This state of affairs is not limited to Studebaker of course. People were shorter then, but still...

Your tracks are the same as my 55 Commander Coupe. On my car, the tracks are installed in the rear-most hole position, but even so, with the seat all the way back I still feel like I'm being pressed into the steering wheel. I look at it and think, my god, is that all the further back it'll go?

On my '64, I drilled a new set of hole in the floor to set the seat further back, and installed wood blocks under the seat.

A corollory issue is the soft seat cushions that seem to be common in Studebakers, resulting in one sitting too low.

Comments? RTQ?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Frank Starr

Your tracks are the same as my 55 Commander Coupe. On my car, the tracks are installed in the rear-most hole position, but even so, with the seat all the way back I still feel like

Comments? RTQ?

On my 56J I too have had leg room issues, and tried everything. People told me about shims under the dash that will raise or lower the steering wheel, but I never found any shims on the car.

Three years or more ago I won on E-bay a 56J Power Seat Frame. I believe it fits other Hawk or K bodied cars. I even posted recently asking if there was a difference in seat pitch between the power seat and the manual seat.

One thing I did do that really helped, was I cut the legs off a non power seat frame and welded them to the legs of the power seat. It moves the seat frame back a bit over three inches, which adds more leg room, and allows a bit of fine tuning when Ellen and I switch who drives. The only drawback is you have to be a very small person to sit in the rear seat. The holes match perfectly to floor.

Dominec, I asked you if you wanted a set of decals and you never answered.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Frank Starr

Your tracks are the same as my 55 Commander Coupe. On my car, the tracks are installed in the rear-most hole position, but even so, with the seat all the way back I still feel like

Comments? RTQ?

On my 56J I too have had leg room issues, and tried everything. People told me about shims under the dash that will raise or lower the steering wheel, but I never found any shims on the car.

Three years or more ago I won on E-bay a 56J Power Seat Frame. I believe it fits other Hawk or K bodied cars. I even posted recently asking if there was a difference in seat pitch between the power seat and the manual seat.

One thing I did do that really helped, was I cut the legs off a non power seat frame and welded them to the legs of the power seat. It moves the seat frame back a bit over three inches, which adds more leg room, and allows a bit of fine tuning when Ellen and I switch who drives. The only drawback is you have to be a very small person to sit in the rear seat. The holes match perfectly to floor.

Dominec, I asked you if you wanted a set of decals and you never answered.

Comment

Bondo Billy, I replied to you via email, I guess you did not get it. I do want to order the door decal for my car.

Thanks

Domenic Manera
                        York, SC 29745

Comment

Bondo Billy, I replied to you via email, I guess you did not get it. I do want to order the door decal for my car.

Thanks

Domenic Manera
                          York, SC 29745

Comment

Working...
                          X