Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnam War Veterans official Memorial Day

finally a day set aside for honoring these great folks Thank You jimmijim
    Last edited by jimmijim8; 03-30-2019, 01:43 AM.
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Thanks for remembering...

Comment

Thanks, it's a good thing.
      The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Thanks indeed. Is the Official Day March 29 or ??? BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Not my words.

National Vietnam War Veterans Day
          National Vietnam War Veterans Day is a commemorative holiday in the United States which recognizes the sacrifices that veterans and their families made during the Vietnam War. It is also a day to give proper recognition to the men and women who returned home from that war and didn’t receive a proper welcome home. It’s a holiday that’s been celebrated since 1973 on either March 29th or March 30th of each year through a patchwork of state resolutions. However, in 2017, the date of the holiday was set as March 29th by U.S President Donald Trump. This day is now officially known as National National Vietnam War Veterans Day.
          After all, that is when the last prisoners of war (P.O.Ws) were returned to the U.S and when all combat troops were withdrawn from the war.
          The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Originally posted by 63larkr1 View Post
            National Vietnam War Veterans Day is a commemorative holiday in the United States which recognizes the sacrifices that veterans and their families made during the Vietnam War. However, in 2017, the date of the holiday was set as March 29th by U.S President Donald Trump. This day is now officially known as National National Vietnam War Veterans Day.
            After all, that is when the last prisoners of war (P.O.Ws) were returned to the U.S and when all combat troops were withdrawn from the war.
            Don't we wish!

I suppose those left behind and/or are otherwise unaccounted for are officially Missing in Action?

Let me know when I can take the POW/MIA: You Are Not Forgotten front license plate off my daily driver. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Yup!...I was there....Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	1725846....and didn't see a single Studebaker!
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Don't we wish!
                Right you are, Bob. There are still far too many of those black flags warranted.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                  - - - Updated - - -

Yup!...I was there....[ATTACH=CONFIG]79773[/ATTACH]....and didn't see a single Studebaker!

While I never saw a Studebaker, (I wasn't a Stude fan yet), I did spot this dealer in Saigon...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Saigon:Stude:Dealer copy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1725859

Look on the building in the background... Pic taken in 1965

Comment

The year years of 1966 and 1967 are ones that are always etched in my mind but ones I seldom talk about as I was ensconced in the Central Highlands not of Scotland but of Vietnam. It was not a fun time and like some others I never saw black pjs clads but only little guys in steel pots and brown uniforms who were always intent on destroying us and mutilating bodies that they could get their hands on. Thank you all for the Thanks for what, those of us who were there, did. My welcome home was a spit job by a hippie in the San Francisco Airport and then had the pleasure of watching an Airport Cop beat the crap out of him and haul him off to jail. Thank you for remembering
                    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
                      The year years of 1966 and 1967 are ones that are always etched in my mind but ones I seldom talk about as I was ensconced in the Central Highlands not of Scotland but of Vietnam. It was not a fun time and like some others I never saw black pjs clads but only little guys in steel pots and brown uniforms who were always intent on destroying us and mutilating bodies that they could get their hands on. Thank you all for the Thanks for what, those of us who were there, did. My welcome home was a spit job by a hippie in the San Francisco Airport and then had the pleasure of watching an Airport Cop beat the crap out of him and haul him off to jail. Thank you for remembering
                      You just "made my day," Don; thanks. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

And if Truman could have been induced to intercede with the French, the whole thing could have been avoided as early as 1946.
                        Politicians playing footsie with the allies du jour got in the way of elevating democracy regardless of nationality.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ho CHi min.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1725862

As the Bard noted, "All are punishéd."
                        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                          And if Truman could have been induced to intercede with the French, the whole thing could have been avoided as early as 1946.
                          Politicians playing footsie with the allies du jour got in the way of elevating democracy regardless of nationality.

As the Bard noted, "All are punishéd."
                          So true. Many years were wasted and millions of lives, including many thousands of American troops, could have been saved. It was so unfortunate that Ho Chi Minh had to turn to communist countries for help.
                          50 years from the year (1968) that I was in Vietnam my wife and I visited the country. The Vietnamese people are prosperous, happy and friendly to Americans and I couldn't recognize any of the places I had been.
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                          X