Could someone please save this '58 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone please save this '58 President

quote:1958 Studebaker President, PARTS OR RESTORE 2 dr ht . driven often and parked 1/99 i moved to arizona and was going to move it. never did ,now the town says it must go . car must be picked up in browns mills n.j. 3/6 to 3/10 or it will be junked 3/11 PLEASE SAVE THIS CAR ! CALL BOB 1(480)982-2053 $300 Or Best Offer RBROWER838@AOL.COM
    I saw this on Hemmings. Could someone please save this car?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

I saw this and emailed the guy,havent gotten a reply figured I might call tomorrow at the least to get the info out. I was trying to get a basic idea of condition, not that I am in much of a position to take it(tho I would love toIf it is basically solid I think I would have to find a way...

Comment

I saw this and emailed the guy,havent gotten a reply figured I might call tomorrow at the least to get the info out. I was trying to get a basic idea of condition, not that I am in much of a position to take it(tho I would love toIf it is basically solid I think I would have to find a way...

Comment

I'll be interested in the info if you don't take it, ISpy; I've been known to go on a rescue mission in my day, and I've got the spacefor it...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I'll be interested in the info if you don't take it, ISpy; I've been known to go on a rescue mission in my day, and I've got the spacefor it...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm on the wrong side of the country for this. Besides, well... you know me.[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
            Ron Smith
            Ron Smith

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm on the wrong side of the country for this. Besides, well... you know me.[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Ron Smith

Comment

Well, it's a 58, so it's worth saving. But the thing that caught my eye in that ad was that it's in Browns Mills NJ. I lived in Browns Mills for about 6 months in '66-'67 while serving duty at McGuire AFB.

LOL! Thanks Joe! MacDill! I'm gettin' old.[V]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well, it's a 58, so it's worth saving. But the thing that caught my eye in that ad was that it's in Browns Mills NJ. I lived in Browns Mills for about 6 months in '66-'67 while serving duty at McGuire AFB.

LOL! Thanks Joe! MacDill! I'm gettin' old.[V]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Well, it's a 58, so it's worth saving. But the thing that caught my eye in that ad was that it's in Browns Mills NJ. I lived in Browns Mills for about 6 months in '66-'67 while serving duty at MacDill AFB.
                    That must have been a heck of a commute...MacDill AFB is in Florida!

63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Well, it's a 58, so it's worth saving. But the thing that caught my eye in that ad was that it's in Browns Mills NJ. I lived in Browns Mills for about 6 months in '66-'67 while serving duty at MacDill AFB.
                      That must have been a heck of a commute...MacDill AFB is in Florida!

63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                      63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Have fun calling the guy, I did, from what I can gather, it is fairly rusty but it was hard to find out much, I couldn't get a word in edgewise between him telling me the car wasn't for me if I was planning at all to transport it. He must have had a lot of tire kickers because he came off imediatly defensive. Maybe I caught him at a bad time but I doubt it.

Comment

Have fun calling the guy, I did, from what I can gather, it is fairly rusty but it was hard to find out much, I couldn't get a word in edgewise between him telling me the car wasn't for me if I was planning at all to transport it. He must have had a lot of tire kickers because he came off imediatly defensive. Maybe I caught him at a bad time but I doubt it.

Comment

I never got a reply from the guy but from the post above someone talked to him, his response doesnt really suprise me. Reminds me of the time I listed a junker motorbike on Craigslist for free. I had 200 responses in an hour...People seem to go insane when they think they are getting over...The worst were the ones who were asking a bunch of questions..its free it is in (deleted) FREE condition, you jackass ! Of course this is a much larger enterprise than that but I can relate. Oh and BTW I will never list anything for free again I will put at least a nominal price to seperate the wheat from the chaff. But I digress...

The people who went to the top of the list were the ones who expressed the ability (I have a rig),intent(I will do it yesterday) and finally motivation(I have one I need a parts bike for).

So if it were me and I had the above,most importantly ability and intent I would call the guy up and my first question is "Where do I send the money?". I would overnight the $s and then settle details...I know I can part it at least to cover costs and it is only better if it is better than parts. There is no real downside that I see..Of course your wife or neighbors may think otherwise

I lack a few of the needed items to do this at the moment, so everyone else feel free to take a wack. If someone is heading North via 95 thru DC area I would be more than happy to go if extra hands are needed.

Seems someone headed to York with a rig could grab it too...

There were some President posts on here recently, at least one was the guy in PA (posted as 57Classic ?) who bought that solid 57 that had all the smashed glass, I dont think he has posted but wouldnt this be a good donor ?

Anyway hopefully someone sorts something out.

Hank

Comment

I never got a reply from the guy but from the post above someone talked to him, his response doesnt really suprise me. Reminds me of the time I listed a junker motorbike on Craigslist for free. I had 200 responses in an hour...People seem to go insane when they think they are getting over...The worst were the ones who were asking a bunch of questions..its free it is in (deleted) FREE condition, you jackass ! Of course this is a much larger enterprise than that but I can relate. Oh and BTW I will never list anything for free again I will put at least a nominal price to seperate the wheat from the chaff. But I digress...

The people who went to the top of the list were the ones who expressed the ability (I have a rig),intent(I will do it yesterday) and finally motivation(I have one I need a parts bike for).

So if it were me and I had the above,most importantly ability and intent I would call the guy up and my first question is "Where do I send the money?". I would overnight the $s and then settle details...I know I can part it at least to cover costs and it is only better if it is better than parts. There is no real downside that I see..Of course your wife or neighbors may think otherwise

I lack a few of the needed items to do this at the moment, so everyone else feel free to take a wack. If someone is heading North via 95 thru DC area I would be more than happy to go if extra hands are needed.

Seems someone headed to York with a rig could grab it too...

There were some President posts on here recently, at least one was the guy in PA (posted as 57Classic ?) who bought that solid 57 that had all the smashed glass, I dont think he has posted but wouldnt this be a good donor ?

Anyway hopefully someone sorts something out.

Hank

Comment

Working...
                              X