No announcement yet.

The 30k lark convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the ad says factory V8, I guess that means the owner pulled out the 6 cylinder engine and put in a factory V8 engine

Comment

I caught that too- wonder if the brakes and springs were upgraded.
      Evan Davis
      Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

I don't know..... there's enough mis-represented in the 2 ads that would make me want to get a very good, up close and personal with this one before pulling the lever. Anyone who buys this from afar, without a Stude - up - close inspection deserves what the "might" get. I don't want to get all wet here, but without some distinct and descriptive details on the car's history, what was actually done mechnically etc.... It's a big guessing game. Does anybody here know this car or know a previous owner ? I won't nit pick the obvious, but..

Comment

A good example of a "Cosmetic Restoration", done as a Mild Custom, as long you know that is what you are getting and Pay accordingly, and don't care that it was a Six, "maybe" you would be a Happy Buyer.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Don't know enough to know how to know if it came with a 6 originally.
            That said, most of these dealer don't know either.
            I thought it was funny it was 30k. It's a nice car, and one I would own if it was a 6 or an 8, but no way would I pay 30k.

Comment

Originally posted by Studelarkrod View Post
              Don't know enough to know how to know if it came with a 6 originally.
              60S prefix in the Serial No. indicates a 1960 six cylinder.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

It looks sharp in the pictures but there is a lot you cannot tell from a pic.
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                  60S prefix in the Serial No. indicates a 1960 six cylinder.
                  So what would it be if it was a V8?

Comment

60V..... would be correct for a V 8

Originally posted by Studelarkrod View Post
                    So what would it be if it was a V8?

Comment

As well as the Serial Number Plate showing a "S" or a "V", the Body Tag on the Firewall also would show the Year, Engine Type, Body Type, Trim Level and Body only Line Number.

Unless it has been "Changed".
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

One can just see the '60S L6' on the body tag partially hidden by the hood torsion rod when you enlarge the engine photo in the Ebay ad.

Craig

Comment

There's a lot of "not correct" going on there.
                          But if it is safe and solid I would drive it in a heartbeat. But even a perfect original restoration couldn't motivate that kind of money.
                          I bought a 1960 Lark convertible back in 1976 to be my daily driver. It was a war horse, Jonquil with an eggshell top; and I beat it unmercifully.
                          top up.jpg
                          Just a shame I can't afford them any more.
                          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                            There's a lot of "not correct" going on there.
                            But if it is safe and solid I would drive it in a heartbeat. But even a perfect original restoration couldn't motivate that kind of money.
                            I bought a 1960 Lark convertible back in 1976 to be my daily driver. It was a war horse, Jonquil with an eggshell top; and I beat it unmercifully.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]79725[/ATTACH]
                            Just a shame I can't afford them any more.
                            I had one, a V8, that looked just like yours in the late 1960s. I drove it about 750 local miles per week and sold it to a workmate.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gee for that kind of cash, I would expect a ss exhaust:-(.......look at the exhaust tips..now look at the pipe they attach to:-(

Comment

Working...
                              X