(Rant) Turning Wheels Magazine - "New Format"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Rant) Turning Wheels Magazine - "New Format"

I want to take a minute to congratulate all of the fine people that produce Turning Wheels
    (The monthly publication of the Studebaker Drivers Club).

The new format is exquisite.
    The whole publication is expertly done, easy to read, and is very much enjoyed and appreciated.

Kudo's to you all!
    Jeff Rice

(DEEPNHOCK)

<end of rant>
    Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 03-22-2019, 10:36 AM.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

HEY!...Best rant I've read this week! (and I agree!)
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I like it also.

Comment

Ditto for me as well. We can be proud to show it to anyone.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Jeff,
          I heartily agree with your rant. As much as our former publication was so unique, it was definitely time for a change (In my opinion, for the better).
          Congrats to all involved for their vision and professionalism in getting this massive change to fruition.
          Cheers, Bill

Comment

Thanks, Jeff.

Now that the dust has settled, the new format has been well-received. It was beneficial from so many angles; less work for Ann and the savings allowed us to have full color throughout, printed on higher-quality paper, while still at a lower cost per issue than the old format! Win-win-win. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

THE BEST RANT THAT I HAVE HEARD> Great job.
              Evan Severson

Comment

I make sure I carry a copy with me to car shows and cruise-ins to help me brag about our club. No one yet has come to me with anything nearly as well done from any other car club.
                TW makes our club look professional, well established, and well participated in. It makes me proud to be a member. Thanks to everyone who works on and contributes to the publication of this fine magazine.
                Thanks Jeff, for starting the "Rant".
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                  The new format is exquisite.
                  The whole publication is expertly done, easy to read, and is very much enjoyed and appreciated.
                  To be honest, I have no problem with either 'portrait' or 'landscape' format. The ASC Review is still printed in a landscape format as was Automobile Quarterly for years and years. And I have several hardcover books which are also in that format including Studebaker's Last Dance, Studebaker: The Postwar Years, and Studebaker, The Complete Story, just to name three.

The wealth of information within them is worth more than any concern of a publication being either a portrait, landscape, or even a square format to me. I easily adjust my bookshelves to suit.

Craig

Comment

I'm happy with the change....
                    Lou Van Anne
                    62 Champ
                    64 R2 GT Hawk
                    79 Avanti II

Comment

I guess there is no point in even talking about this, because the decision has been made to keep ALL of the Large photos in Portrait Format.

However, I and a definite minority of Members, much prefer that the other three Cover Photos except the Front, be in the Landscape Format to get a good, full Page, Large Automobile Photo to fit in a decent SIZE, not tiny as we have now. This could at least happen just sometimes.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thank you everyone for your comments, thoughts and suggestions. Ann Turner deserves the credit for editing the publication. The changes that we made make the pages "pop" as they are crisp; all color puts us a cut above most other club magazines; and the quality of the magazine is above all of the rest.

In addition to the above, our delivery times have improved in most cases. Every now and then we will have a "hick up" or two but that is to be expected. There's still more to come as we "tinker" with the format every now and then.
                        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Personally I prefer the old format, but there are so many good reasons to have it in portrait instead of landscape that my preferences pale.
                          Chip
                          '63 Cruiser
                          '57 Packard wagon
                          '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            Thanks, Jeff.

Now that the dust has settled, the new format has been well-received. It was beneficial from so many angles; less work for Ann and the savings allowed us to have full color throughout, printed on higher-quality paper, while still at a lower cost per issue than the old format! Win-win-win. BP
                            What Bob said, I totally agree.

Stu Chapman

Comment

What Bob and Jeff said!

lt had recently crossed my mind (what's left of it!) that it has been too long since l voiced my appreciation of the folks - and especially Ann - who bring us this wonderful publication.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!
                              Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                              61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                              Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                              Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Working...
                              X