62 GT Hawk V15949
    56 GH 6032504
    56 GH 6032588
    55 Speedster 7160047
    55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Originally posted by 64studeavanti View Post
      Looks like AOAI forum is down again.
      I can get to the AOAI site, but not to the AOAI Forum today. I get a different error message today than what I got last time.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Was able to get to the AOAI forum this morning, but there are no new postings and the format is screwed up.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

We finally got the AOAI forum back online. It might be a little slow for awhile today as the server reindex the site. Last week, we had to clean out and delete malware that looked like it originated from Chinese hackers. We got the main site working earlier in the week but in updating the forum on Saturday evening, some of the updated scripts kept the forum from being viewed. We got the forum back online today from backups from earlier on Saturday, and it looks like everything is there, although there might be a couple posts that where written late Saturday that might have been lost.

China is a huge problem, and still remains a huge problem and cannot be trusted. A friend in the Washington DC area who used to teach Marketing at Georgetown University, said at the time that a senior official from the legal department at Department of Commerce come to talk to the students about legal protection for global branding. He said 95% of all international cases stemmed from China. (Also, I read a report a few years ago…China is expanding it’s military at a rate four times faster than Russia at the height of the cold war.)

Hopefully the site will respond better as the day goes on the the forum finishes indexing itself.

Please be patient. We/I am spending a LOT of time to keep things working for the AOAI, most of which is all volunteer time.

Lew
          Lew Schucart
          Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Thanks for the update Lew.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Worked fine for me today at 4:30 eastern Lew.

Comment

Thanks for your efforts, Lew, I appreciate what you do for AOAI

Comment

Thanks for your effort. It is now working (a little different) for me.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Unfortunately, we all (me included) keep buying their crap, and financing their plans to become a global super power. Sorry about hacking the thread, and hope that the new security keeps the site working.

Comment

Lew, thanks for your efforts. It is not easy to find someone like yourself whom will support a website like AOAI without re-numeration..
                      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                      1961 Hawk 4-speed
                      1967 Avanti
                      1961 Lark 2 door
                      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

As an aside, I'm working to move the site to a different, better and even more secure server host that should provide better and faster load times through a dedicated IP address that will also host a new and improved and even more secure internet sales app for joining or renewing memberships. This will take a little time to fully complete, but first on the move will be the forum.

Originally posted by lschuc View Post
                        We finally got the AOAI forum back online. It might be a little slow for awhile today as the server reindex the site. Last week, we had to clean out and delete malware that looked like it originated from Chinese hackers. We got the main site working earlier in the week but in updating the forum on Saturday evening, some of the updated scripts kept the forum from being viewed. We got the forum back online today from backups from earlier on Saturday, and it looks like everything is there, although there might be a couple posts that where written late Saturday that might have been lost.

China is a huge problem, and still remains a huge problem and cannot be trusted. A friend in the Washington DC area who used to teach Marketing at Georgetown University, said at the time that a senior official from the legal department at Department of Commerce come to talk to the students about legal protection for global branding. He said 95% of all international cases stemmed from China. (Also, I read a report a few years ago…China is expanding it’s military at a rate four times faster than Russia at the height of the cold war.)

Hopefully the site will respond better as the day goes on the the forum finishes indexing itself.

Please be patient. We/I am spending a LOT of time to keep things working for the AOAI, most of which is all volunteer time.

Lew
                        Lew Schucart
                        Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Working...
                        X