Mystery Personal Message (PM) notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Personal Message (PM) notification

I received an email yesterday that someone had sent me a PM on the Studebaker forum, however when I checked my PM inbox there are no new messages from this person there. My forum inbox/storage capacity is not full, so what is going on?
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

I have never received an email about a PM. I only see that when I log on, for what its worth.

Bob Miles
    Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
      I have never received an email about a PM. I only see that when I log on, for what its worth.

Bob Miles
      Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator
      Bob,
      Click on "Forum Actions" at the top of this page. Click on "General Settings" in the drop down box.

Scroll down to "Private Messaging".

Under "Email notification of new private messages", check "receive email notifications of new private messages".
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
        I received an email yesterday that someone had sent me a PM on the Studebaker forum, however when I checked my PM inbox there are no new messages from this person there. My forum inbox/storage capacity is not full, so what is going on?
        I sent you a PM on Facebook, could that be it?
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Chip,

I saw the Facebook notification that you sent a message but couldn't find the message. I'll look again this morning.

Perhaps it's me, I'm not great with this new technology (but it sure beats the days of sending things by the US mail and waiting weeks for a reply).
          Dan Peterson
          Montpelier, VT

Comment

A ha, I see what happened, the sender chose to send an email instead of a PM, so it wouldn't show in the Forum PMs.

I learned something new today!

Thanks for the responses.
            Dan Peterson
            Montpelier, VT

Comment

It seems to me that it would be a lot easier, and effective to just use the "Send email" function, but of course maybe both have Members have to have registered their email here.

Why send a "Notification", just SEND it. Those who are not logged on here a lot, will see it sooner.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
                The same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. In the past, I have sometimes gotten the email notification several hours before the PM showed up. But in this particular case, the PM never showed up.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                X