Auto Transport help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Transport help....

Anybody used a good transporter lately ? Need Oregon to Mass.......

Although I haven't had the need for some time now, on several occasions I have satisfactorily used: Van Dam Trucking (John Van Dam) out of Fargo ND. He has an enclosed unit, is personally into motorcycles and provides very professional service across the country.
    PH: 701-235-3547
    Cell: 701-219-0632
    615-11th Ave N
    Fargo, 58102

Bill

Comment

If you need help maybe I can email me or phone me 905 nine two one 64 two six . could not email you derection thank you Raymond
      rawise

Comment

Used this carrier less than 2 years ago to move 2 vehicles on open trailer. Good, reasonable, professional service. My move was only about 300 miles, and I don't know what territory he serves.

Konstantin
        2K TRANSPORTATION LLC

8111 E YALE AVE APT 8-204

DENVER, CO, 80231

720-236-4518

Comment

Looks like Jack bought the Cruiser from Portland Craigslist. I liked it when it was 6,000. If you got it for half, you got a steal. Well done. I wanted it.

Justin

Comment

Justin....there is another post I have left on this forum pertaining to my inability to secure transporting and the fact that the car has no brakes (for transport) The deal now has too many moving parts for me to safely and confidently getting it here in Mass, so have at it... and good luck.

Comment

I sent my 63 GTHawk; concours quality, from NJ to Ft Lauderdale using VIP transport, an enclosed trailer, call Jerry 704 622 7182 mention Mark who sent the 63 from NJ to Ft lauderdale, delivered to Motor Car Gallery.. he discounted nicely for cash, after the quote as most pay with credit cards.

Comment

Interesting post as I was just going to pose the same question. My 1963 Avanti R1 has been invited to the Concours of America near Detroit and I need my car transported from SW Michigan and back. Would prefer enclosed...any other haulers of note in the midwest? Any info appreciated, Bob
                Last edited by AnAvanti4Bob; 03-16-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Jack, it sounds like you are giving up on this car. So sorry to hear that. If anyone else is interested in it feel free to pass along my assessment of it as that might be helpful.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by AnAvanti4Bob View Post
                    Interesting post as I was just going to pose the same question. My 1963 Avanti R1 has been invited to the Concours of America near Detroit and I need my car transported from SW Michigan and back. Would prefer enclosed...any other haulers of note in the midwest? Any info appreciated, Bob
                    Bob

A couple of thoughts, when is the Concours - I'd like to visit there? Secondly, while you probably don't want to drive on I-94 (nobody does) how about a few back roads? Also, why not ask the Concours folks if they can advise on folks to call that have had cars moved. Lastly, you might talk to the locals about a rollback locally. Not enclosed but generally protected from flying debris and you could follow them in nice weather.

P.S.- Think I found it. Plymouth Mi July 24/26?

Bob
                    Last edited by sweetolbob; 03-17-2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

My suggestion would b to find another enthusiast with a trailer who would be willing to take your car for you. You could get them a hotel for the night and a ticket to the show, pay for there meals and fuel. This would be much cheaper and probably safer than any of the auto transport companies. I have tried all the majors for cross country moves and they are all good or bad depending on how your car makes out. Good luck, that is a nice show.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                        Bob

A couple of thoughts, when is the Concours - I'd like to visit there? Secondly, while you probably don't want to drive on I-94 (nobody does) how about a few back roads? Also, why not ask the Concours folks if they can advise on folks to call that have had cars moved. Lastly, you might talk to the locals about a rollback locally. Not enclosed but generally protected from flying debris and you could follow them in nice weather.

P.S.- Think I found it. Plymouth Mi July 24/26?

Bob
                        Thanks for the ideas Bob. I met you at 2012 SDC meet in South Bend and bought your Avanti disc brakes from you. You are right about NOT driving on I-94 and I had thought of back roads, but did not want to be in a position of having to detail my car again upon arrival in lieu of enjoying the many activities planned for the weekend. The Concours is on the July 28th (a Sunday), the Concours d'Lemons is on the 27th at the the Inn at St John's (same venue as concours) and the Rolls Royce meet also ends the 27th where I have friends attending. I'll look into a rollback as an alternative. Best, Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Peddler View Post
                          My suggestion would b to find another enthusiast with a trailer who would be willing to take your car for you. You could get them a hotel for the night and a ticket to the show, pay for there meals and fuel. This would be much cheaper and probably safer than any of the auto transport companies. I have tried all the majors for cross country moves and they are all good or bad depending on how your car makes out. Good luck, that is a nice show.
                          Thanks for the adding your suggestion to check out, Bob

Comment

Originally posted by AnAvanti4Bob View Post
                            Thanks for the ideas Bob. I met you at 2012 SDC meet in South Bend and bought your Avanti disc brakes from you.
                            Bob

I remember you well as well as Bob Andrews, Bruce McCampbell and several others. Great meet and made a few friends. I'm glad to see you and your Avanti made the Concours. Great deal all around.

Bob

Comment

I think this thread got hijacked.
                              Jack - have you decided not to purchase the Cruiser afterall?
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                              X