1953 studebaker fact book prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 studebaker fact book prototype

The above Fact book was never distributed to the Dealer network due to the delay in completing the 16 color pages although 5 of these books Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03865.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	1760121have been discovered by collectors with 16 blank pages over the 60 odd years since as per example on the left side of image.
    The lower right book is the original "cut & paste" version from Studebaker's Sales Department with proposed images pasted in.
    Dick Quinn did a low number of reproductions with the color pages in the late nineties as per the upper right image.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Is this a fyI for all us or a tease for all us who want one,,LOL..

Comment

Asa Hall had one of those five when he was still around: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...howroom-Albums

Craig

Comment

Sharon Hall did sell Asa's 1953 book around 2006 for $1035 U.S

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

A member of our chapter, the Greater Virginia Chapter, had one. He's still around, but not sure if he still has it. He displayed it at one of our meetings, but hovered over it like a mother hen. No ham-handed leafing though it allowed (for good reason)!
          -Dwight

Comment

Is that the 'Holy Grail' of postwar Studebaker paper literature?

(ALL dealer paper literature sales devices and service items, not limited to handouts one was able take home with them.)

Craig

Comment

I bought one of the reproduction on eBay shortly after Asa's auction. I paid $90.00 for it.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

So with 15 Blank Pages, is there ANY info inside at all?
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
                  Sharon Hall did sell Asa's 1953 book around 2006 for $1035 U.S
                  The buyer offered it to me for something north of $1,000. I was sorely tempted, but decided not to buy. I bought one of the reproduced books from Richard Quinn and I will say it is VERY NICE!
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Richard, the original 1953 Fact Book had the 15 blank pages inclusive with the normal written format plus black & white images for a total of 106 pages, somewhat identical to the 1954 book with the color inserts.
                    Dick Quinn's reproduction issue may have numbered as low as ten so even one of those would be tough to find.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
                    X