STUDE AC-3313 Floor Mat Application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STUDE AC-3313 Floor Mat Application?

Hi. I have an NOS Studebaker Custom Carpet Protector (floor mat), part # AC-3313. It's still in the original factory-sealed box. I've looked in several Stude parts books I have here, and haven't found the number. Can someone shed a little light on the application for this NOS floor mat? Thanks for any help. John
    Attached Files

All I can tell you John is that My 1961 Parts and Accessory Price List "Book F" only goes up to AC-3154, so it's newer than '61.

Also all of the rubber Auxiliary Floor Mats are numbered "SP" not AC, that was changed later.

Maybe a "Custom Carpet Protector" is the Large, Full width type, not individual Left and Right like the "Auxiliary Floor Mats".

The Box Label is the '63-'64 Design.

UPDATE: The AC-3313 is listed in the '59 to '64 Body Parts Catalog as a Front Custom Carpet Protector Pair in WHITE, (Contoured) for ALL Models.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 03-02-2019, 01:37 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks for the helpful information, Rich. I'm thinking the term "Custom Carpet Protector" indeed does refer to the full width type of floor mat, and what's in the box could well be a REAR mat. I'm still trying to avoid opening the box at this point. John

Comment

OH NO, don't open the BOX! You'll let the 1963 South Bend Air Out!

Seriously though, I would not worry about damaging the Factory seal they are still NIB, open or sealed.
        StudeRich

Comment

Not to worry, Rich. I plan to capture the vintage South Bend air that's surely inside the box. I'll remove the air with a vacuum pump, and place it in carefully sealed jar. Then, I'll feel better about opening the box!

As a "thank you" for how helpful you always are to the guys on the SDC forum, I will be sending you the air jar. As you know, I already have your address! I'm sure Andy at the museum in South Bend would have wanted this air. However, I believe you are more deserving of it. Best, John

Comment

Just spotted your UPDATE in post #2, Rich. You are the man! Thank you very much for the time you put in to I.D. these mats. I appreciate that, and will keep you posted. John

Comment

I am not 100% sure that the value would be hurt by the box being opened. I think some one would pay a good price if the back was cracked open, the mats were taken out and all the detailed parts photographed instead of rolling the dice with the hope they are OK. I am not in the parts business personally, so this statement might be really in left field, but it has been my impression that NOS parts are not like Star Wars toys or other items that are more valuable in the unopened original container - I always want to see a part, and have seen very few NOS parts in boxes that were not open.

As a side, I wonder who thought it would be a great idea to make white floor mats...

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                I am not 100% sure that the value would be hurt by the box being opened. I think some one would pay a good price if the back was cracked open, the mats were taken out and all the detailed parts photographed instead of rolling the dice with the hope they are OK. I am not in the parts business personally, so this statement might be really in left field, but it has been my impression that NOS parts are not like Star Wars toys or other items that are more valuable in the unopened original container - I always want to see a part, and have seen very few NOS parts in boxes that were not open.
                Agreed that a new old stock floor mat in its original box is NOT a pack of bubblegum with baseball cards inside, and the value is not diminished if opened.

Craig

Comment

In the 64 accessories book that came with my 64 Cruiser the factory describes the rubber floor mats as floor protectors but does not list a part number ac or otherwise. I thought maybe it could be the wagonaire rear cargo mat, but that was not listed either. The AC numbers for the other wagonaire items were in the 34xx range. For example AC-3364 is the wagonaire luggage rack part number. If that helps. I think your item is a 63 or 64 accessory.

Mark
                  Last edited by Bullet; 03-02-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Post #2 has been updated since 11:37 AM on Sat. 3/2/19 to solve the I.D.
                    StudeRich

Comment

My THANKS to all who replied.....and, as I mentioned earlier, kudos to StudeRich for coming up with the actual I.D. I appreciate the help. John

Comment

Working...
                      X