Tornado strikes Columbia, Mississippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado strikes Columbia, Mississippi

A tornado struck Columbia, MS on Saturday Feb. 23, 2019. The caption in the photograph with the article says a building belonging to Lawrence Motors was damaged. The photo shows a 1923 Studebaker.

Fortunately, the article also states no injuries or deaths were reported.

To all of our SDC friends across the southern US, I hope you are safe tonight.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/heavy-rai...mack-the-south
    Mark L

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
    A tornado struck Columbia, MS on Saturday Feb. 23, 2019. The caption in the photograph with the article says a building belonging to Lawrence Motors was damaged. The photo shows a 1923 Studebaker.

Fortunately, the article also states no injuries or deaths were reported.

To all of our SDC friends across the southern US, I hope you are safe tonight.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/heavy-rai...mack-the-south
    I just saw that a few minutes ago. Really heavy damage, but it looked as if the Chevrolet paddy wagon may have somewhat protected the Studebaker.
    sigpic
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

The Stude probably has some damage, but it looks like it survived.
      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Mark, good eye. A tornado is a very scary thing. It is good that there were no serious injuries or deaths in this one. I hope the Studebaker and Chevrolet are back on the road soon as well.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I must admit, other than being able to read the badge on the radiator, I wouldn't recognize a 1923 Studebaker from other models from the same time period. I just read what was in the caption of the photograph and repeated it.
          Mark L

Comment

Working...
          X