No announcement yet.

1960 Lark Deluxe 4-door Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If thw mileage is true as you say, and the owner is right: $5000. is a good buy.

Comment

Here's an interesting article (warning: obnoxious ads) that promotes the use of Mineral Oil to soften stiff vinyl upholstry.

https://www.hunker.com/12567808/the-...o-soften-vinyl
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Check underneath for rust-out anywhere, but from what I've seen, it's worth the money.
        I'm getting quotes on a brand X right now with a good straight body (AND I DO MEAN STR8), in primer and I'm mostly around $4k to paint.

Comment

i dont even need a nother studie but if it was close to me i would buy it for 4,000.00 right now dannyo.

Comment

Originally posted by fastjohnll View Post
            From post #10
            "Get some vinyl conditioner on it right away so it can regain some of its pliability."
            What product will make old vinyl pliable again?
            Just go online and search for vinyl upholstery reconditioner or restoration. They offer instructions on cleaning, drying and conditioning.
            sals54

Comment

Love the wagon....private message sent
              Bill Foy
              1000 Islands, Ontario
              1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I really appreciate all of the comments/advice.
                The car is "technically" not for sale but has been offered to me because I asked about it.
                I will keep everyone posted as to what happens in the next few weeks. We have to wait for the snow/ice to melt from the driveway in order to get the car out of the garage.
                I,too, do not need another car but I just think this is the coolest, ugliest (who am I to judge?) little car. I have had the old car disease for 50 years and cannot help myself when I see another one I may have the opportunity to obtain.
                The fact that it is a runner is a plus because I usually buy cars that do not run and need a lot of work.
                I do have an indoor space for it as I would NEVER keep any of my old cars outside.

Comment

In the 1:st post you asked what we think... I think it ought to be mine!
                  It's like buying a 3-5 year old car!!!

BUT! ...renew the brakefluid; it's even more important than the engine oil cuz if you can't drive you'll not crash but if you can't stop... Water mixes with brakefluid over time due to condence. (Best would be if it was possible to use LHM like Citroen)

Ah, what a sweet one!
                  sigpic

Josephine
                  Champion V8
                  4d sedan

Comment

As has been said above, Joe; if it runs and drives, it's worth the money in today's market...but it should be "sorted," as they say, once you own it.

The tires don't look all that old, so maybe it's been on the road a little bit in the last several years.

Here's hoping you are able to buy it and find it a good home if you don't have the room or inclination to keep it.

'Nice find; congrats! BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by fastjohnll View Post
                      From post #10
                      "Get some vinyl conditioner on it right away so it can regain some of its pliability."
                      What product will make old vinyl pliable again?
                      This stuff...

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages...meguiars40.php

Comment

Haven't forgot about everyone here.
                        Still have not been able to get together with the owner.
                        The weather has finally calmed down so maybe in the next week or two I will have an update.
                        Joe

Comment

Working...
                        X