Turning Wheels 'Digital Library' USB flash drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Wheels 'Digital Library' USB flash drive

October 2017 I bought the USB stick with the Turning Wheels Digital Library. It was a lot of reading. I read all from 1963 until 1971. Last year I made a break from reading from the USB flash drive. In the last TW there was an interesting article in the Co-Operator about Bell Housing runout and correction. There was a reference to September 2001 TW. What a luck I have the USB I think. But when try reading that file in the USB the computer says that the file i corrupt (?)!
    The same goes for almost any other file I tried. Have anybody else experienced the same? I know it is difficult to file a complain on bad quality after 2 years, but I must say I am very disappointed.
    Jan Wikstrom

1957 Silver Hawk HT
    sigpic

Are you using the same computer and viewing package that you were using back in 2017? That might make a difference.

Has the flash drive been subjected to static discharge sparks?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

There's always another resource

http://www.studebaker-info.org/TW/tw...01p18coop.html
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Yes I had an older laptop than today, but I don't understand why this will make a differens. I can open other PDF files that is older on my computer. And no
        the flash drive have not been subjected to static discharge.
        Jan Wikstrom

1957 Silver Hawk HT
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, for the link to Bob Johnstones info page . 64V-K7 you made my day.
          Jan Wikstrom

1957 Silver Hawk HT
          sigpic

Comment

Hi. I am glad to hear you found the info you needed.

Something to consider for down the road... When I receive data on a stick drive, CD, DVD or simple download I ALWAYS save it to any number of other locations. This could be copying to another DVD or thumb drive or putting it in a folder on one the multiple portable USB drives I have connected to my computer. I never rely solely on the original media my data arrives on. I then do put the original media away somewhere safe so I can loose it all at once, but at least I have a backup! Food for thought.

Norm

Comment

Often, when computer's update or you change operating systems, an older file may not work correctly. I have had to go back and download files to allow the older files to open on a newer system. This may be your problem with your stick drive. If you're not comfortable or don't understand this procedure, most computer repair shops will do it for a minimal charge.........or ask a 9 year old that doesn't know how to use a dial phone, but can whiz through computer problems. I often "Google" the problem and several solutions show up and often a "Youtube" video that takes you step by step.
              sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
              1950 Champion Convertible
              1950 Champion 4Dr
              1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
              1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Thanks for your advices thunderations, I will do some tests.
                Jan Wikstrom

1957 Silver Hawk HT
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X