Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guido
    replied
    I had him on ignore so never knew he was gone. The next time it snows I might take my Studebaker Clarke floor buffer out for a spin in his memory...

Leave a comment:

• Bo Markham
    replied
    Another dull drum........

Leave a comment:

• Quentin
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Langer View Post
    I have been told I have an SDC Forum Mentality. What is it and how do I know if I have it? Is it dangerous and do I need to get professional help?

I replied to a thread, Avanti Recall on the Avanti Forum and the original poster (SN-60) did not like my replies.

Do other members have this condition and should I be concerned?

mfg

• AOAI Forum Member

Wouldn't it be nice if Regnalbob occasionally contributed something positive to 'AVANTI TRIVIA', instead of his constant 'nit picking' and seemingly endless criticisms?
    With his wealth of Studebaker service letters he should be able to come up with MANY interesting trivia questions....but no, he'd rather sit back and leave the work
    to somebody else.......and that, in my opinion, is really sad.........Bob, leave that SDC Forum mentality behind you!....Cheer up!..................Ed

apparently the man in question has been banned, and is now being castigated by some in this posting without any natural justice/ rights/means of reply ? Move on.

Leave a comment:

• Jessie J.
    replied
    I come to this Forum to enjoy discussions about STUDEBAKER vehicles and Studebaker Corporation history.
    Whoever wants to use this thread to pile on in trash mouthing a person that is not present. Go to it, if that's what you think "General Studebaker-Specific Discussion" is intended to mean.

Done.

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    Is the forum more civil without SN-60, of course it is, but he always had a unique perspective, on almost every subject. Was his attitude geared for the affect he was able to illicit, the answer is again yes, but without his input some of the spice seems to have been watered out of some of the discussions. I don't think that I was ever in his sights,however, like some here were.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    My father told me years ago that sometimes a closed mouth denotes a wise head. Nuff said.

Bob Miles
    Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator.

Leave a comment:

• Bo Markham
    replied
    Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
    It is a shame that this Forum is being employed to engage in character assassination.
    What character assassination??? Sir, until you've stood in the cross hairs of one of this guys many shooting events, you have no idea what "CHARACTER ASSASSINATION" is! Of course, you could take a stroll over to the Avanti site, say something meaningful to the guy and see how long it really takes to become his next victim. Then you could come back and let us know how many bullet holes it took for you to bleed out......

Joe Friday, "All we want are the facts, ma'am"
    Last edited by Bo Markham; 02-20-2019, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jessie J.
    replied
    The 'Studebaker "SPECIFIC" Forum' is not an appropriated venue to mount a one sided political attack on anyone's character.
    I do get it that SN-60 rubbed a few of you the wrong way. SN-60 is no longer involved here. SN-60 neither instigated nor contributed anything to this thread.
    Matters of personality conflicts should be confined or moved to Club and Forum Discussions.
    Sometimes, though, opinions conflict about cars, technologies, or other issues. Generally, we Stude-folk are peaceful souls, but the occasional dust-up occurs, even though everyone knows the rules:

No political or religious debates,
    No personal attacks,
    No foul language.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    It is a shame that this Forum is being employed to engage in character assassination.
    That is EXACTLY what SN-60 engaged in. Also he harassed, and denigrated other members. Obviously, you were never his target.

Leave a comment:

• Jessie J.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard
    replied
    Ed had sent me a very complimentary post and I wondered what became of him. I always figured anyone who drove an Avanti in snow with studded tires had to be OK, just a little different.
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• BobWaitz
    replied
    What Bo said.

I had SN-60 on ignore.

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    I believe that what some refer to as "nit picking" is simply meant as critiquing. Many wouldn't know (including myself) what is Studebaker factory authentic without the critiquing provided by many of the regulars here that have been around these cars for 50+ years. Quit taking the comments (critiquing) personally, as I don't believe it is meant to offend anyone, but rather is given as a nugget of wisdom. Also, it may help to end a posting of critique with an emoticon.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    replied
    Bob,

A little background history. SN-60 was a "contributor" to the SDC Forum. He also maintained a roster for a special Studebaker model. SN-60 could not control his impulsive behavior to jump in and get involved in just about every topic. One time he sent me a private message thinking I was involved with a prairie fire that he has started. I calmly replied in a PM to him that he had the wrong Bob and it was easy to prove if he took the time to look at the original poster. He did write back to me and said sorry.

Things got so bad that is was decided he was to be banned from the forum. Evidently, he will not be back as he is up to his usual modus operandi. Whether or not the AOAI forum will do anything is up to them but here he is persona non grata.

Bob Miles
    Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Leave a comment:

• Stude Shoo-wop!
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderations View Post
    I seem to remember when most people had mentality and used it for good. It seems, now, that the dark side is gaining strength in some areas. Hopefully us old Studebaker addicts have so few brain cells left that we can't be recruited. I always print these comments out in crayon before posting, the red ones taste the best.
    Nice subtle humor there! I also agree that there is a tendency here to nitpick, especially if the subject is about one of the more "popular" Studes (read: Hawks, Avantis). However, I hasten to add that unlike some other forums *glares HARD at Facebook and Hagerty*, this one is actually pretty reasonable in terms of content and moderation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X