1984 touring coupe avanti rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 touring coupe avanti rims

I am wondering what wheels were used on the 1984 touring coupe. Is there aftermarket copies? I just like the look of this wheel.

Originally posted by cabforward View Post
    I am wondering what wheels were used on the 1984 touring coupe. Is there aftermarket copies? I just like the look of this wheel.
    I believe that these were Western "BBS" style wheels.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

These were the wheels on the '84 I owned for a while. I had planned to sell the my '64, but decided I liked it better. The '84 had a "checkered past".
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I would look for a set of 16" Ford Crown Vic/ Mercury Grand Marquis wheels, possibly town car had them. Maybe the Lincoln MK VII wheels would work. I'm not sure what years.

Here's a couple of links about the Mark VII wheels. It says they were styled by BBS but have a Ford logo on them 4 1/2" bolt pattern

http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/php...hp?f=13&t=6123
        http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/doc...elSchedule.pdf
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 02-12-2019, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Some years full-size Fords used a 5" bolt circle so make of any Ford wheels you might look at.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
            These were the wheels on the '84 I owned for a while. I had planned to sell the my '64, but decided I liked it better. The '84 had a "checkered past".
            Nothing like the Touring Coupe wheels.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I had a chance to buy one in 1998 but when it went on the rack and the screwdriver went thru the frame at the rear end hump I bailed. My Wife and I flew to Connecticut and wanted to drive it back to tennessee but somehow I did not just buy it anyway. It was a rebuild title and was cheep at the time 10k, dark blue. Now I will probably never know what it would be like to own a touring coupe. I am thinking of cloning my 63 that has the front end fiberglass damage. I would really like to have the wheels.
              The grand Marquee wheels are close.
              anyone know where a set of tc wheels are for sale and recaro's similar to the tc seats. Also is the touring coupe bumper fiberglass or plastic.
              A round headlight touring coupe.
              Also what kind of problem is it to install chevy 350 and 700r.
              Last thing is that I think the touring coupes had a massive 305? Is this true.

Comment

I had a chance to buy one in 1998 but when it went on the rack and the screwdriver went thru the frame at the rear end hump I bailed. My Wife and I flew to Connecticut and wanted to drive it back to tennessee but somehow I did not just buy it anyway. It was a rebuild title and was cheep at the time 10k, dark blue. Now I will probably never know what it would be like to own a touring coupe. I am thinking of cloning my 63 that has the front end fiberglass damage. I would really like to have the wheels.
                The grand Marquee wheels are close.
                anyone know where a set of tc wheels are for sale and recaro's similar to the tc seats. Also is the touring coupe bumper fiberglass or plastic.
                A round headlight touring coupe.
                Also what kind of problem is it to install chevy 350 and 700r.
                Last thing is that I think the touring coupes had a massive 305? Is this true.
                YES to your "last thing".
                I believe that I looked at that same TC that was for sale. I made him a cash offer that he thought was ridiculous at the time. I later found out that he ended up selling it for less than I had offered him.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I worked on an '85 and the whole bumper is fiberglass , the filler panel is also fiberglass. It does not take much impact to really mess one up.

Comment

I think the 84 tc is different than the 85. I think it is a little more boxier looking on the 84. not sure on the new stuff

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I believe that these were Western "BBS" style wheels.
                      I was wondering what diameter they were, looks like 15"

http://www.aoai.org/forums/topic/640...-coupe-wheels/

Comment

I've got a set (4) off a Jaguar that look just like that...but they're painted silver. I don't now what the bolt pattern is...

Comment

I think the 84 tc is different than the 85. I think it is a little more boxier looking on the 84. not sure on the new stuff
                          There were 50 Touring Coupe models built for the 1984 model year. There were 1984 - 1985 Avantis built with touring coupe options.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
                            I was wondering what diameter they were, looks like 15"

http://www.aoai.org/forums/topic/640...-coupe-wheels/
                            Since the wheels have 15 inch tires mounted on them, I would say that the wheels are 15"
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
                              I've got a set (4) off a Jaguar that look just like that...but they're painted silver. I don't now what the bolt pattern is...
                              They might be 4 1/2" https://www.roadkillcustoms.com/whee...5x4.25-inches/

Comment

Working...
                              X