No announcement yet.

Starliner with a Viper V-10!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does have a custom frame! NEW Full Art Morrison chassis with coil overs. Also there will be a full chrome moly roll cage from the front to the back which will make
    the new chassis even stiffer!. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171025_141938.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1725288
    Last edited by Stu10; 02-11-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
      WOW! I think maybe I would rather have a Viper with a Viper engine---and it would be cheaper. Would need a custom frame. That engine would twist a flimsy Studebaker frame like a pretzel.
      No doubt a Viper would be cheaper but about anyone can buy one. This is going to be a unique and captivating build. He'll probably never park next to one like his at a car show.

Bob

Comment

Custom 1950 Panel with a Viper V10 built by Bob Maker with the Northwest Chapter. Pretty cool vehicle.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	1725290
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Looks like an awesome project, and I like all of the choices that you've made. Thanks for sharing it with us. It has generated plenty of interest, so please keep the updates, and the photos coming, so we can all enjoy watching it come together!
          Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            No doubt a Viper would be cheaper but about anyone can buy one. This is going to be a unique and captivating build. He'll probably never park next to one like his at a car show.

Bob
            Bob,
            You are right, I could buy a Viper if I want and it would be cheaper then what I'm doing. But I sold a big 1969 Camaro build that was 3/4 done and had about 85k in parts but every where I go I would see 10 to 15 at a car show. Dodge only builds about 1500 per year which is rare compared to a Corvette. But the Studebaker has such beautiful lines and a modern engine and frame makes for a great package.

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

We have a lot of plans for the body, kind of a long this line...Click image for larger version

Name:	GWA-Studebaker-Veinte-Victorias-2.jpg
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1725291Click image for larger version

Name:	gwa-studebaker-veinte-victorias-3.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1725292

Comment

Nice modifications, but still looks like a Studebaker. I like the front fender vents.
                Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Looks very nice!
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu10 View Post
                    We have a lot of plans for the body, kind of a long this line...[ATTACH=CONFIG]78649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]78650[/ATTACH]
                    I like it except for one major item. IMO, the front fenders/headlight area should not be shortened up. I have seen several done in a similar fashion and in all cases (IMO) it ruins the "balance" of the car, appearance wise. Small headlight rings rather than eyebrows would be fine.

EDIT: On any car, an uneven number of wheel spokes gives an illusion of motion and an even number appears static.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

We are going to be trying 3 different headlights. The wheels are still a ways off, we are going to machine some mock up wheels for shop rollers then photoshop different wheels as it comes together. We are removing the rain cutters and going to form new half round trim in its place. The front of the roof line is going through a very slight chop to level the roof line out. The scallop in the door is being extended to the front of the rear wheels opening, there will also be vents in those openings.

Comment

I own a small company that buys and sells machine tools. Here is one of my lathes, the Monarch 10EE!! You have to love the sexy lines of a machine!!Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-09-14 15.49.27 - Copy.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1725304Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-09-14 15.49.40 - Copy.jpg
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1725305Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-10-14 15.22.17.jpg
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1725306Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-10-14 15.22.26.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1725307Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-10-14 15.22.26.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1725307Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-09-14 15.49.47 - Copy.jpg
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1725308Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-10-14 15.22.54.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1725309

Comment

I totally agree. Heavy industrial equipment is always cool, especially the old stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu10 View Post
                            We have a lot of plans for the body, kind of a long this line...[ATTACH=CONFIG]78649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]78650[/ATTACH]
                            Looks like you're going to build a Veinte Victoria Coupe.
                            GWA, or Gullwing America is a Miami-based company that specializes in reviving classic cars and bringing them into the 21st c.

NICE!
                            Jerry Forrester
                            Forrester's Chrome
                            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                              Looks like you're going to build a Veinte Victoria Coupe.
                              GWA, or Gullwing America is a Miami-based company that specializes in reviving classic cars and bringing them into the 21st c.

NICE!
                              Thanks Yes, but we are changing a lot but similar to it.

Comment

Here is a look at the under side of the rear. We will be upgrading the rear coilovers

.Click image for larger version

Name:	20171102_115549.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1725320

Comment

Working...
                                X